TF10 Replacement Cable Options
Apr 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #16 of 38

Quote:
Interesting...I thought silver was a better conductor than copper. What could cause it to become harder to drive?

well imo the silver seems slightly hard to drive as when the cable is unamped, everything is brilliant and sounds amazing but some might find bass on silver lacking, but then when amped it seems like everything is brought in perspective of eachother, bass is brought forward inline with the rest of the highs mids and lows.  so in general maybe silver is slightly harder to drive in the bass departmenr.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #17 of 38
lol scientifically, silver is more conductive.

Apr 16, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #20 of 38

Quote:
+1
copper is popular because it's much cheaper.

true, but if you are looking to extract every bit of sound out of your rig, silver is going to be that missing link to give you that.

im not saying ''if its not silver its not good'' but i have tried a few and i always go back to the silver. the pure silver cable, just has more detail, more transparency, airy feel, great imaging,wider sound stage, amazing separation of instruments. just imo all around better sound.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #21 of 38

Quote:
true, but if you are looking to extract every bit of sound out of your rig, silver is going to be that missing link to give you that.

im not saying ''if its not silver its not good'' but i have tried a few and i always go back to the silver. the pure silver cable, just has more detail, more transparency, airy feel, great imaging,wider sound stage, amazing separation of instruments. just imo all around better sound.

I don't really agree with that. But if you're really thinking that you can adjust the eq so you can compromise for the lack of bass.

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #22 of 38
Yay, time for some back and forth silver vs copper cables again.
popcorn.gif

Apr 16, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #23 of 38

Quote:

I don't really agree with that. But if you're really thinking that you can adjust the eq so you can compromise for the lack of bass.

personally i dont use any EQ or bass boost, just a fiio e7. im not sure how transparent the e7 is but the bass seems to improve overall with the silver cable.

also i am not debating. OP just wanted some options on cables and i am mentioning the benifits of silver....

i also like the copper cables, to my ears they give balanced armature iems more of a dynamic sound. well that is at least what the baldur mk2 did for my se535-ltd-j

imo the silver ray chrishimself cable is probably unbeatable for the price. not to mention the ability to have him customize the cable per whatever you want

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #24 of 38

Quote:
personally i dont use any EQ or bass boost, just a fiio e7. im not sure how transparent the e7 is but the bass seems to improve overall with the silver cable.

also i am not debating. OP just wanted some options on cables and i am mentioning the benifits of silver....

i also like the copper cables, to my ears they give balanced armature iems more of a dynamic sound. well that is at least what the baldur mk2 did for my se535-ltd-j

imo the silver ray chrishimself cable is probably unbeatable for the price. not to mention the ability to have him customize the cable per whatever you want

I'm also not debating i'm just stating what I think :) Yes, you have some good points. 

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #25 of 38
IMO the only difference cables can make is whether they pick up sounds when touching against your clothing etc. Sennheiser cables are prone to do that.
Other than that, its mentally satisfying to spend money on the cable when you can spend that on your next headphone/earphone upgrade.

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #26 of 38

Quote:
IMO the only difference cables can make is whether they pick up sounds when touching against your clothing etc. Sennheiser cables are prone to do that.
Other than that, its mentally satisfying to spend money on the cable when you can spend that on your next headphone/earphone upgrade.

i agree, microphonics is a sound spoiler. noone wants to hear any sounds reverberating through the cable.

but you dont think cables make any difference at all in sound only microphonics?

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #27 of 38
Apr 17, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #29 of 38

Your welcome, I finally remembered to add a link in my Sig for future quick reference. Glad it's useful. If you look at the name of the cable, some end in UE...those are ones specifically made for the TF10's and other UE IEM's. Good luck with your search
Quote:
Thank you for resources!

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #30 of 38

Yep. Unfortunately higher end Klipsch X10 has it real bad, too. For the most part, looping over the ears can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back