TF 10 remold OR add drivers?
Jun 28, 2010 at 2:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

insano768

New Head-Fier
I am a touring musician who got my hands on a pair of TF10s.  I am looking to have them remolded, but needed some advice from all you smart people.  Do I just get the remold or should I consider adding drivers?  The TF18 intrigues me but not much info here.  I am primarily a singer/guitarist in a hard rock band.  Thanks

Jul 7, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 8
it depends on how much u wanna spend....i think remolding would be the best cost efficient solution

Jul 7, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 8
its been suggested around here that its better to add at least 1 additional driver to the TF10, just having it remolded seems to lessen the quality a bit.

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
so with adding one driver, the highs and bass would be about the same?  and the mids would be more defined? 

No. The bass quantity is way much more. There is sibilance as well. The mid is still recessed, mid bass is too dominant. By looking at the frequency response, you can tell. The reason why there isn't much talk about this is because the sound isn't as good as what you people expected. 

The only suggestion I could give is if you are happy with what you have now (UE TF10P), and you don't have any issue with them (cable, fitting, comfort etc), then don't bother adding one mid driver (not sure of adding more). 

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #7 of 8
I have the TF10 remold with an additional driver and the mids are more forward and not recessed. It does have a lot of bass though but not that much more than the TF10. The highs are pretty much the same as the TF10. The remold with additional driver is supposed to sound similar to UE11.

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 8
I just got my tf18 a few weeks ago. Definitely more bass, mids are more forward but not way out front. Highs are less sparkly and more fluid with the mids. Soundstage is maybe a little bigger butseems a little more artificial. And personally I don't get much sibilance at all, even from stuff like coldplay. Overall, they don't sound perfect but to my ear they definatly have a bigger/warmer sound with fewer gaps. If I had one complaint it would be they aren't quite as detailed as I was hoping.

Keep in mind the sound sig will change when you get em back if you add drivers. If you already like the sound, just stick with basic remolds from Fischer/UM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back