Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Mar 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #496 of 615

Quote:
[size=14pt]Hello,[/size]

[size=14pt]No, I will not need a table.  The only thing I have is an Audeze LCD-2 with nothing to drive it.  I will be attending to audition candidate amplifiers.[/size]

[size=14pt]Thank you.[/size]

[size=14pt]Thailand[/size]

My amps have 4 pin female XLR connections only, but I'll bring all of my various adapter cables so that you can try them on all the various amps available. I have been wanting to hear the LCD-2 on my β22 for some time now, so glad you're bringing them.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #497 of 615

My LCD 2 has a 4 Pin Q cable. I will gladly let others use the cable if they need it for different amps. I still have the stock SE one. I've got adapters for Dual 3 Pin and 1/4" terminations, too.

Quote:
My amps have 4 pin female XLR connections only, but I'll bring all of my various adapter cables so that you can try them on all the various amps available. I have been wanting to hear the LCD-2 on my β22 for some time now, so glad you're bringing them.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #498 of 615

I think we'll have a total of 4 sets of LCD2s
o2smile.gif

Quote:

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #500 of 615

Btw, Death.. you did intentionally spell "deisel" like that right? 
redface.gif

Well to an extent. I personally have no preference, but i first got the name from xboxlive when i was younger, couldnt find any other name not taken, so i just screwed around with names till i found one. Ive just kept it since. Whichever way you put it in spelling is fine by me, thanks, they look great. 

Its been addressed once in this thread already lmao. No I dont drive a diesel truck. I may be bringing my dads Ford Explorer Sport Trac just because it has a bed though. 

Btw guys do we have enough tables and chairs? 

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #501 of 615

Its been addressed once in this thread already lmao. No I dont drive a diesel truck. I may be bringing my dads Ford Explorer Sport Trac just because it has a bed though. 

Shucks, thought I had a fellow diesel buddy!

Anyhoo, figured out how I'm going to be transporting everything and was able to compact it a bit and add some stuff. Also bringing a littledot 1+ with some swapped opamps and tubes along with a Valabs NOS Dac. Dont know how many of you have tried out a NOS before. They are wonderfully musical little guys. (at least to my ears)  Valabs NOS > Little dot 1+(GE 408A's + OPA2107) > Grado HF-2's is one of my favorite combos. (and very easy on the wallet!)

MorbidToaster: Can't wait to hear that LCD 2 setup!

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #502 of 615

If we don't, I have 2 tables and some chairs.  Problem is getting them there. I can drop them off the night before in my GF's suv, but I can't bring them the day of.  Or if someone wants to swing by and pick them up in a larger vehicle that works too.  I'm only about 15-20 minutes away in north austin.  Just depends on if we need them or not.  I'll figure out a way to get them to the meet if we do.

Quote:

Mar 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #503 of 615

People seem pretty free to offer space for others on their tables lately and we have some bringing multiple tables. I think we'll be okay. We can go get them if absolutely necessary, but people sound like they stepped up to the plate quite a bit with the tables.

Quote:
If we don't, I have 2 tables and some chairs.  Problem is getting them there. I can drop them off the night before in my GF's suv, but I can't bring them the day of.  Or if someone wants to swing by and pick them up in a larger vehicle that works too.  I'm only about 15-20 minutes away in north austin.  Just depends on if we need them or not.  I'll figure out a way to get them to the meet if we do.

I think it should be fine, but I sure hope this ol' house can handle all this stuff. :D

My father's stereo was a monster back in the day. I'm pretty sure it'll be fine.
Quote:
Shucks, thought I had a fellow diesel buddy!

Anyhoo, figured out how I'm going to be transporting everything and was able to compact it a bit and add some stuff. Also bringing a littledot 1+ with some swapped opamps and tubes along with a Valabs NOS Dac. Dont know how many of you have tried out a NOS before. They are wonderfully musical little guys. (at least to my ears)  Valabs NOS > Little dot 1+(GE 408A's + OPA2107) > Grado HF-2's is one of my favorite combos. (and very easy on the wallet!)

MorbidToaster: Can't wait to hear that LCD 2 setup!

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #504 of 615
Anyone bringing an Objective 2 amp?

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #506 of 615
Ordered a pair of Philips Fidelio L1s. Been curious about them since Tyll's report so I'll have a pair for people to hear. I also ordered a pair of Focal Spirit Ones but they probably won't even be at the store by the meet so they'll have to wait til next time.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #508 of 615
Just as an update, I don't think I'll be bringing much more than my DT990's with me. I thought about it after a couple posts recommending first-time meet attendees use a majority of their time to just sample new gear and take notes. There looks to be one or two HD650's coming already, so I don't need to bring that. I might consider bring the Valhalla if a bunch of people really wanted to try it out, but I don't want to have to be anchored to a table to watch over my gear.

Also, do we have plans for snacks and drinks in case of poor weather? We had talked about keeping all that outdoors if weather permitted, but I looked at the predicted forecast for the area and there looks to be a chance of rain on Saturday. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #509 of 615
Just as an update, I don't think I'll be bringing much more than my DT990's with me. I thought about it after a couple posts recommending first-time meet attendees use a majority of their time to just sample new gear and take notes. There looks to be one or two HD650's coming already, so I don't need to bring that. I might consider bring the Valhalla if a bunch of people really wanted to try it out, but I don't want to have to be anchored to a table to watch over my gear.

Also, do we have plans for snacks and drinks in case of poor weather? We had talked about keeping all that outdoors if weather permitted, but I looked at the predicted forecast for the area and there looks to be a chance of rain on Saturday. 

We can move that into the kitchen and patio. Neither of those should br filled with gear and the patio is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back