Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Mar 2, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #482 of 615
First try on the name tags. Opinions on font? Might be a bit thin and harder to read at a glance.

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #484 of 615
A few fonts that are a bit thicker and easier to read at a glance, also increased from 14 to 22.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #485 of 615
Congrats. I'm actually planning on picking up another pair of these when I start DJing again. No DJ should be without a pair. 

Quote:
Just figured id add to the thread an update. I was considering buy the HD 25-IIs but awesomely enough i won them from razordog!! Super happy, and cant wait to get them, shipping out tommorow. So you can add that to the list of gear, they are supposed to be the adidas version if it matters. Next step in my audio path is markl mod and angle pads. 

The top right is probably my pick. Thanks again for working on those.

Quote:
A few fonts that are a bit thicker and easier to read at a glance, also increased from 14 to 22.

Mar 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #486 of 615

I've gone through a lions share of DJ headphones and I can't recommend these enough:
http://www.amazon.com/Technics-RP-DH-1200-RP-DH1200-Headphones/dp/B0002EXJPM

They aren't the best sounding headphones in the world, but they do what is important.  They enmpahsize a prominent beat and percussion so you can beat match in a noisy environment.  Good isolation, and lots of rotation and angle so you can always hold them however you want.  On top of that, they have the most duable joints of any DJ focused headphone I've used.  I don't even remember how many pairs of sony MDR v700s, my previous go tos, that have broken. 

Quote:
Congrats. I'm actually planning on picking up another pair of these when I start DJing again. No DJ should be without a pair. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #487 of 615

They're what I know best headphones wise. I actually owned a pair of those long ago. They were my first nice cans. I moved on and up from them to my final 2 pairs which were the Xone 53 and the HD 25-1 II.

The Xone cans were used for home or booth gigs, but the 25s were used for stage shows. The isolation on them is unmatched.

At that price (50 less than the other options) they're a great place to start.

Quote:
I've gone through a lions share of DJ headphones and I can't recommend these enough:
http://www.amazon.com/Technics-RP-DH-1200-RP-DH1200-Headphones/dp/B0002EXJPM

They aren't the best sounding headphones in the world, but they do what is important.  They enmpahsize a prominent beat and percussion so you can beat match in a noisy environment.  Good isolation, and lots of rotation and angle so you can always hold them however you want.  On top of that, they have the most duable joints of any DJ focused headphone I've used.  I don't even remember how many pairs of sony MDR v700s, my previous go tos, that have broken. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #489 of 615
[size=14.0pt]Hello,[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Please register me for the Texas Head-Fi meet on Saturday, March 10 in Pflugerville.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Thank you.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Name: Dudley[/size]
[size=14.0pt]Head-Fi Account: Thailand[/size]
[size=14.0pt]Denton[/size][size=14.0pt], Texas[/size]

Mar 2, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #490 of 615
Welcome aboard, will you be needing a table?

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #491 of 615
[size=14.0pt]Hello,[/size]

[size=14.0pt]No, I will not need a table.  The only thing I have is an Audeze LCD-2 with nothing to drive it.  I will be attending to audition candidate amplifiers.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Thank you.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Thailand[/size]

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #492 of 615
Excellent, make sure you get time on one of the Liquid Fire amps, its pretty nice.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #494 of 615
I just got notice from TTVJ Todd Green that I am next in line for the Arete / Volcano loaner program and it is being shipped today.  Assuming it arrives in time, more gear to play with. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #495 of 615

Quote:
If anyone has a small amount of gear, i can probably do half and half with someone considering the small amount i have. The biggest part of my setup would be a computer/laptop. 

I don't have all that much. We can be table buddies!

Btw, care to explain the user name? Given that your from texas im guessing you like oil burners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back