Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Mar 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #511 of 615

Quote:
Is that something we all think is neccesary to do?  Surely we're not going to all be standing behind our tables like vendors...?

I really don't think so. My plan of action is to set up my gear, and get to listening to others stuff. If someone wants to hear anything they can have at it.

I'm sure not everyone will be that willing, but in my view, just about everyone here I'm sure is just as OCD as the next guy, and will treat my stuff just as well as they would treat their own. I'm not worried about it.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #512 of 615
There's way too many good guys here for that to happen, IMO. Plus...who wouldn't say something when they see someone unplugging and taking a headphone or amp somewhere?

Quote:
Is that something we all think is neccesary to do?  Surely we're not going to all be standing behind our tables like vendors...?

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #513 of 615

Quote:
We can move that into the kitchen and patio. Neither of those should br filled with gear and the patio is closed.

Ok, I didn't know if the kitchen would work, and I certainly didn't know that there was a patio. Sounds like it'll work out fine rain or not. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #514 of 615
For anyone who's interested, two of the four headphones I'm bringing will be for sale.  Senn HD-598 for $120 and HiFiMan HE-300 for $220.  Check or cash.  Oh, and they're minty.
smile.gif

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #515 of 615

It's not a huge patio, but it's attached to the kitchen so that whole area could be for food and drink if necessary. I'll move the stuff in the patio to one side so it seems a bit less cramped.

The kitchen isn't in the best shape (no fridge), but I'll be going over sometime this week to clean up and get the final touches ready for this meet. Should be okay if rain hits.

I'll get a few pictures up when I go over just so you guys know what to look for.
Quote:
Ok, I didn't know if the kitchen would work, and I certainly didn't know that there was a patio. Sounds like it'll work out fine rain or not. 

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #516 of 615
There's really no need to watch your gear like a vendor at a small meet like this. As nmxdaven says, everyone here is super OCD about their stuff and will take care of another's as well or better than their own. Sure you might want to glance over at your rig any time you are in the same room just to be safe, but you don't need to stand guard. The reason I've made all these table identifications and name tags is to facilitate asking for help from the owner if someone would like to borrow something or needs help with a setup. They can look at the table ID then ask around or look at name tags to find the matching username. There's no reason not to ask with these aids.

bbophead I'll take the HD598s

Speaking of gear for sale, I'll be bringing my Spritzer refurbished Stax SRD-7 energizer with 1 pro 1 normal bias (can play any Stax phones) for $140 if anyone wants to start up a Stax rig. This plus some SR-202s you can find used for $200-250 will really give you a crash course in stats and for practically nothing.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #517 of 615
Right.  I figured everyone was on the same page.  I for one plan to do lots of roaming and mixing and matching when possible.

Also, The Arete/Volcano is scheduled to arrive Wednesday, so I am bringing that for sure.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #518 of 615
If you guys ever go to a large meet like they have in NY/LA/NC the best setup is to have a table mate (with both people's gear on it) so one of you can be at your table at all times while the other roams and listens to gear. This is particularly useful if you have high end gear, or gear that is sensitive to plugging and unplugging conditions.

By the way, forecast does say expecting heavy rainfall. Please make sure you are bringing gear in boxes (or otherwise protected) so you don't get water in your electronics. You will be able to unload at the house and we can probably have someone taxi for a while so you don't have to make the walk from the parking lot in the rain. If someone is planning on being there right at the start and would like to volunteer for taxi service for the first hour or so that would be great, or can do shifts with a couple people. I figure the bulk of the people will arrive by 10-11.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #519 of 615
Final version of the tags printed at highest quality on the card stock that came with the tags. Only Morbid's will have something in the space between user and location. Nicely spaced IMO. Btw, numbers are kinda weird with this font, they are on the small side, but it should be ok.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #520 of 615

Quote:
Final version of the tags printed at highest quality on the card stock that came with the tags. Only Morbid's will have something in the space between user and location. Nicely spaced IMO. Btw, numbers are kinda weird with this font, they are on the small side, but it should be ok.

That gets it--great job!

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #523 of 615
[size=14.0pt]Here is where you can keep watch on the weather for Pflugerville, Texas:[/size]

[size=14.0pt]http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Pflugerville&state=TX&site=EWX&textField1=30.4407&textField2=-97.6202&e=0[/size]

[size=14.0pt](Copy and Paste into the URL address line, then hit Enter)[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back