Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Mar 1, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #466 of 615
Since food and drink will be outside, I'm guessing most of the talking might be out there, but if people want we can do a quiet hour or something. Give people a few hours to sample stuff and make a list of things they want to hear better, wait a bit for people to get a snack or whatever for 'lunch', then have a quiet hour around 1pm or 2pm.

And yes K1000 are really not good meet headphones. When I listened to your setup at the Dallas meet I thought I heard them fairly well, but when I was at RMAF I felt like I was accomplishing nothing by putting them on. Perhaps we can make special consideration and find you the quietest nook in the house, if there is such a thing.

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #467 of 615

Quote:
The K1000 is not the best headphone in meet conditions, as you can imagine. But if there's a quiet moment, it can be fun to hear a headphone with somewhat speaker like qualities. After years of trying many, many phones, these are the ones that do just about everything right for me. But isolation is not an issue for me.

I'm a big fan of class A amps, as I'm old school, and the β22 is my reference amp. the F5 has been stealing some of my time lately though. I've not heard an LF (not really sure what amp it is), so I'll have fun comparing them as well.

Oh for sure. I imagine we'll get at least a few moments of quiet time during the meet.

LF: http://www.cavalliaudio.com/products/liquid-fire.html

Oh, and the back office might need to be a third room and it's seperated from the main area. The K1000 could be in there as it'll be quieter than the rest of the house. I didn't expect to use the office, but with this amount of gear and people we might need to make it the quiet room or something.

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #468 of 615

Quote:
Too late for stragglers?

Will be in Pflugerville helping a friend with his speaker project anyway.

Is your friend joining us as well?   :)

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #469 of 615

Quote:

Is your friend joining us as well?   :)

Almost certainly Al.  Al is talking about luvdunhill, who is an incredible DIY builder and all around fun guy. Not sure what things he may be bringing. It's hard to keep up with his latest stat amps, but most likely that and 007s.

You'll have to come check out the corner horn speakers he built Al! And he has the dual mono F4s up and running. He's in Pflugerville now I guess you know?

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #470 of 615
36 attendees 23 showing gear so far.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #476 of 615

Quote:
Hey, what's your first name and are you bringing gear to show? You can pm me if you wish.

Bill is my name.  I will be bringing gear--probably headphones only and maybe a portable CD player & CD's.  Not sure what cans yet, except I planned to bring my old Koss 4AAA just for fun.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #477 of 615
OK, Bill. You planning on setting up your stuff, or keeping it portable and roving around? Only reason I ask is if I need to print a table ID for you (which is not a problem).

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #478 of 615

Quote:
OK, Bill. You planning on setting up your stuff, or keeping it portable and roving around? Only reason I ask is if I need to print a table ID for you (which is not a problem).

Gosh--that's a bit difficult to answer, having never attended a meet before.  I'll probably be more a wander, but will go with flow--maybe camping out for a while.  I'm sure most attending have far more interesting gear than do I.

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #479 of 615
I'll make you one just in case then :)

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #480 of 615
Just figured id add to the thread an update. I was considering buy the HD 25-IIs but awesomely enough i won them from razordog!! Super happy, and cant wait to get them, shipping out tommorow. So you can add that to the list of gear, they are supposed to be the adidas version if it matters. Next step in my audio path is markl mod and angle pads. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back