Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Feb 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #451 of 615

Quote:
Btw, Death.. you did intentionally spell "deisel" like that right?
redface.gif

Well to an extent. I personally have no preference, but i first got the name from xboxlive when i was younger, couldnt find any other name not taken, so i just screwed around with names till i found one. Ive just kept it since. Whichever way you put it in spelling is fine by me, thanks, they look great. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #452 of 615
I went ahead and made my better half a Head-fi account, so I suppose she can have a proper name tag now, although I still sorta think "Head-what?" woulda been kinda funny.
biggrin.gif

Truly though, with the amount she listens to me ramble on endlessly about all manner of things I read on this site, she's an honorary member already I think. Heh. Anyway, her account name is lilalove-  http://www.head-fi.org/u/289320/lilalove

The Shure SE5-somethings (not SE535 as I thought- I'll ask when she's awake) and Senn HD595 are actually hers, but I'm 100% sure she'll be perfectly happy to bring them along.  As long as there are people interested in listening to them, we'll bring em.  I had just figured most people were probably already well familiar with those phones I guess. 
tongue.gif

I know for me personally, this meet will be my first chance to hear some real STAX and I don't intend to waste it. 

Speaking of STAX, I have a pair of brown SR-007 (O2) earpads on the way from Japan destined for my TP1s, and Gary (Smegs) tells me the swap from Fostex-to-O2 pads is fairly easy and he can walk me through it, so I'm crossing my fingers that they reach me in time so those cans will be exponentially more comfortable for all. 

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #453 of 615
Too late for stragglers?

Will be in Pflugerville helping a friend with his speaker project anyway.

I could bring...

AKG K1000
Balanced β22 with dual σ22 power supply
DIY PASS F5 (with K1000 front panel output)
Twisted Pear Audio balanced Darwin source selector
Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo II DAC with Volumite
Parasound belt driven C/BD 2000 CD transport
Cambridge iD100 digital iPod dock/160 gb iPod Classic

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #455 of 615

E5Cs probably.  I have 535s if anyone is interested. I am not sure too many people are interested in trying out in ear monitors at an event and sharing tips. 

Quote:

The Shure SE5-somethings (not SE535 as I thought- I'll ask when she's awake) 

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #456 of 615
Too late for stragglers?

Will be in Pflugerville helping a friend with his speaker project anyway.

Always room for you. I just hope you are bringing a table capable of holding your crazy gear stack :p

That F5 is new since our Dallas meet right? Should be interesting to try.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #457 of 615
Is there going to have extra table space I can mooch off of?  I drive a 2 seater and won't be able to bring one.

Quote:
Always room for you. I just hope you are bringing a table capable of holding your crazy gear stack
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #458 of 615
We're kind of flying blind on table situation. Asking people to bring as many tables as they can. We have a few locals that can run back home/to their store to grab more if needed, but I really hope it's enough. We have 22 people showing gear so far, and a few of those are turntables so extra space needed. I'm kind of glad I won't be bringing mine now so my rig will take much less space. I can fit it all on one of my tables so my extra can be used by someone else.

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #459 of 615
Luckily I'm not bringing my TT either so mine will stack in a ~16" space. Just picked up the LF from Alex today, should be well over the recommended 150 hours by the time the meet hits. We may need to set up the third room for displaying as well, but we should have enough space. It'll be packed, but I think it'll be okay.

Quote:
We're kind of flying blind on table situation. Asking people to bring as many tables as they can. We have a few locals that can run back home/to their store to grab more if needed, but I really hope it's enough. We have 22 people showing gear so far, and a few of those are turntables so extra space needed. I'm kind of glad I won't be bringing mine now so my rig will take much less space. I can fit it all on one of my tables so my extra can be used by someone else.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #460 of 615
I'm bringing two card-like tables.  I'll be using one and I'll have an extra for anybody else, camp chairs as well.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #461 of 615

Sadly enough I'll have to mooch table space from someone. I had four 4 foot tables last year, but when I moved none of them could come with me.

Quote:
I'm bringing two card-like tables.  I'll be using one and I'll have an extra for anybody else, camp chairs as well.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #462 of 615

Quote:
Always room for you. I just hope you are bringing a table capable of holding your crazy gear stack
tongue.gif

I can stack just about everything, except maybe the CD spinner, as it's a top loader, so I'll try not to take up too much valuable space. Yeah, the F5 was actually started a few years back, but had a few issues that just recently were resolved by luvdunhill. It's a really nice compliment to the β22. I'd probably call it more musical than the very neutral β22, for lack of a better term, but not at all colored. A great pairing though, IMO.

I'll leave the custom built turntable at home this time, as it's a beast, and I'll bring a folding table. I should have plenty of room for you MorbidToaster, and thanks for letting me crash the party!

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #463 of 615
Oh hm I have a card table also, not sure if it will fit in my car. Didn't consider it since they are square not rectangular. Square can be a bit unwieldy unless its out in the open. Just too deep to put against walls if trying to make best use of space.

If we are having tables out in the open I'd suggest bringing rugs or something to cover the extension cable to the table.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #464 of 615
As I was considering commissioning a B22 with dual sigmas in place of my new LF I'm eager to compare. Never heard the K1000 either. Pretty happy you popped up. :D

Quote:
I can stack just about everything, except maybe the CD spinner, as it's a top loader, so I'll try not to take up too much valuable space. Yeah, the F5 was actually started a few years back, but had a few issues that just recently were resolved by luvdunhill. It's a really nice compliment to the β22. I'd probably call it more musical than the very neutral β22, for lack of a better term, but not at all colored. A great pairing though, IMO.

I'll leave the custom built turntable at home this time, as it's a beast, and I'll bring a folding table. I should have plenty of room for you MorbidToaster, and thanks for letting me crash the party!

Mar 1, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #465 of 615
The K1000 is not the best headphone in meet conditions, as you can imagine. But if there's a quiet moment, it can be fun to hear a headphone with somewhat speaker like qualities. After years of trying many, many phones, these are the ones that do just about everything right for me. But isolation is not an issue for me.

I'm a big fan of class A amps, as I'm old school, and the β22 is my reference amp. the F5 has been stealing some of my time lately though. I've not heard an LF (not really sure what amp it is), so I'll have fun comparing them as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back