Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Dec 29, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #78 of 615

Quote:
Ill be bringing my PB1 DB2 combo with some 650's and 2k's.

Hahahaha I just realized how much of a headphone geek one has to be to understand this sentence.  And I mean that in a good way.
beyersmile.png

I'll be looking forward to hearing the Denons, since they're on my short list of headphones to buy and I haven't had a chance to audition them yet.

I'll be bringing my B&W P5, Monster Turbine Pro Golds, and Denon AH-C560R.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #79 of 615

Quote:
Hahahaha I just realized how much of a headphone geek one has to be to understand this sentence.  And I mean that in a good way.
beyersmile.png

I'll be looking forward to hearing the Denons, since they're on my short list of headphones to buy and I haven't had a chance to audition them yet.

I'll be bringing my B&W P5, Monster Turbine Pro Golds, and Denon AH-C560R.

haha, I talk like that with some of my non-audio freinds when they ask about my gear. Always gets some quizzical looks.

Start saving your money now. Once you hear the 2k's with that combo you will be in purchasing mode. Out of everything I have they are my favorites.

Dec 31, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #80 of 615

Quote:
Not yet. Once we find a location we can set a date. Been working on it for a solid month but because this one will be fairly large it's proving harder than I thought.

EDIT: If we ever get this finally planned, would anyone be bringing an HD600 or HD650? I'm interested in both with my Liquid Fire.

I'll be bringing my HD600 and HD595 along with my NFB-10SE.  Personally I am hoping to listen to some planars =)

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #82 of 615

Quote:
I'm down for a meeting! I'll be bringing my upcoming magnum grados 325 along with an rsa mustang amp!

Never heard the Magnums.  Sure would like to.  I should be there with my woodied 325i, PS500, HE-300, HD598 if I still have any of these.
eek.gif

Jan 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #83 of 615
Looks like I'll only be bringing the Digizoid ZOv2.3 and Hisound Studio-V DAP as I have been doing some audio rearranging.

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #84 of 615
Hi everyone!

First post but I am getting into all this and have a couple of questions if y'all wouldn't mind indulging me :)

Do you just bring a bunch of equipment to try out? Reason I'm asking is cause i'm looking for a nice new pair of cans but want to hear them before I buy, the nicer ones aren't cheap and I usually have an expensive ear. I'm from Austin so i'd be down for meeting everyone and chatting if I have off. Otherwise are there audiophile specific stores where you can check out gear? 

Jan 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #85 of 615
Welcome aboard.

Yes, people just bring their stuff for others to sample and see if they want to buy their own copy. No need to bring any gear yourself especially if you are just starting out. I'm not sure about stores in Austin, the locals will probably have more info for you.

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #87 of 615

Actually after out last meet at Whetstone he started to carry quite a few Grado models a few different amps. Other than that there's not much Head-fi representation in Austin. There's a few dealers for brands like B&W, Magenpan, and Monitor Audio though if you're into speakers.

Quote:
Welcome aboard.
Yes, people just bring their stuff for others to sample and see if they want to buy their own copy. No need to bring any gear yourself especially if you are just starting out. I'm not sure about stores in Austin, the locals will probably have more info for you.

Don't worry about not having anything to bring. We should have a pretty wide varierty judging from the last meet and the amount of people wanting to attend this one. You'll get a pretty decent taste of the high end, too. I myself will have my LF by then, my SA8004, and my LCD 2. I know some of these guys have done some serious upgrading since we last met.

Quote:
Thanks, you can def count me in! I don't have anything to share yet but I have a feeling that will be changing here soon 

Just to update a little guys, I'm still trying to nail down a location and if anyone has suggestions I'm always open to them. It's really all that has to be done. Date, place, and time.

I'm trying to line up a house for us to meet in that's located in Pflugerville (should have another update later tonight) if everyone is cool with that. It's close enough to Austin to be okay, I would think.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #88 of 615

Quote:
Hi everyone!

First post but I am getting into all this and have a couple of questions if y'all wouldn't mind indulging me :)

Do you just bring a bunch of equipment to try out? Reason I'm asking is cause i'm looking for a nice new pair of cans but want to hear them before I buy, the nicer ones aren't cheap and I usually have an expensive ear. I'm from Austin so i'd be down for meeting everyone and chatting if I have off. Otherwise are there audiophile specific stores where you can check out gear? 

I buy my Grados in Austin at http://www.audiosystems.com/.  Try before you buy. 

Jan 24, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #89 of 615
If this happens in or around Austin and on the weekend, I'm pretty sure I can make it. Tyler isn't too terribly far. Hopefully I will have my Violectric V200 and V800 (LCD-2's as well, but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of those on hand) by the time this happens.

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #90 of 615
Alright guys, I just got the confirmation that I can use the old house is Pflugerville for the meet if it happens before late March.

Tell me how you guys feel about the location and lets do a roll call about who would be able to make it and what not.

It should be more than enough space for everyone's stuff and we could do the main meet in the den and dining room. Maybe an ice chest in the kitchen (no fridge there anymore). :D We'd just need tables (like last time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back