Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Dec 1, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #61 of 615
Btw, I think the K550 would be welcomed with open ears!

Dec 1, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #62 of 615
The last meet had quite a few 'friends who tagged along' from what I can remember. Sure they're about hearing gear, but they're an excellent social event, too. 

Never sweat it if you have 'nothing' to contribute. You being there is plenty. Another name to a Head-fi face.

Quote:
I'm interested, and would be coming from Dallas.

I'm a complete noob -- although, in some ways, I don't feel like so much of one since I've been reading head-fi for months now.  (I totally get the "sorry about your wallet" cracks, even though I haven't spent anything yet.  The future looks a bit ominous on that front...)

On the gear front, though, I'm definitely a rookie.  I wouldn't be able to contribute anything, and my entire motivation would be to a) listen to a number of phones that I'm interested in and thereby be able to better differentiate than I can from my couch reading head-fi..., b) get some perspective on amps (portable, desktop, would my Yamaha (or a Marantz) receiver do a comparable job, etc.?), and c) generally pick your collective brain.

It's possible I might be able to contribute an (unamped?) AKG K550, presuming it has actually been released by then and I've received mine.  Not sure how interesting that might be to the crowd in attendance, although the K550 thread seems to be fairly active.

Others that I would be interested in contrasting side by side would be the K701, the P5, the D2000 and the K240/271/272, as well as the E7/E9 combo, which looks interesting to me.  (Schiit and Little Dot comparisons would be a bonus.)

Apologies in advance if contributing nothing at a meet is outlandish etiquette.  :-/

--monty

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #63 of 615
I'm down for Dallas. Anytime.

Austin is iffy. Maybe if I get a car by meet time. TBH I'm not too crazy about driving several hours to listen to headphones I cant afford. Ignorance is bliss, etc.

But driving 30 minutes to Dallas is totally cool.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #64 of 615
It's almost the end of the semester. Any good leads brewing for this event?

Dec 11, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #65 of 615
I've emailed Brian at Cavalli to see if he knows of any good place (hopefully an audio shop) that would be able to host us. I know he really wants to be involved so I figured asking him would be a good plan.

I'm still trying to nail down a place myself but I've been slammed with work.

Quote:
It's almost the end of the semester. Any good leads brewing for this event?

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #66 of 615

Quote:
I've emailed Brian at Cavalli to see if he knows of any good place (hopefully an audio shop) that would be able to host us. I know he really wants to be involved so I figured asking him would be a good plan.

I'm still trying to nail down a place myself but I've been slammed with work.

No luck with the library idea?

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #69 of 615
Because we're still far out (at least a few months) I'm not too concerned yet. That's why I started planning so early. 

If anyone has any ideas on where to host please post them. I'd of course prefer it be in Austin, but even if I can't make it to Dallas I'll still help plan it for the rest of you guys. 

Quote:
Toaster if you need some help let us know man, doesnt have to be all up to you. 

Dec 23, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #72 of 615

Quote:
Small update. I have a lead on a possible location and will be giving the guy a call soon.

Small is good.
biggrin.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #73 of 615

Quote:
Others that I would be interested in contrasting side by side would be the K701, the P5, the D2000 and the K240/271/272, as well as the E7/E9 combo, which looks interesting to me.  (Schiit and Little Dot comparisons would be a bonus.)  
Apologies in advance if contributing nothing at a meet is outlandish etiquette.  :-/

--monty

I have the P5 and if this meet-up happens a reasonable distance from SA I'll gladly bring it and let you audition it.

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #75 of 615

Not yet. Once we find a location we can set a date. Been working on it for a solid month but because this one will be fairly large it's proving harder than I thought.

EDIT: If we ever get this finally planned, would anyone be bringing an HD600 or HD650? I'm interested in both with my Liquid Fire.

Quote:
Any date yet? I may be interested in driving down from Dallas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back