Texas Meet (Saturday, March 10th, 2012) [Location Inside]
Oct 27, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 615
Quote:
I signed up to go last time but wasn't able to at the list minute. But I'd love to give it another go.

Quote:
I plan on being there since I missed the last one. Look forward to hearing some new gear.

x3

I'd like to attend a meet in Austin depending on the date. I don't have a car right now, so I would not be bringing much. Maybe LCD-2 r1, Westone 4, and Digizoid ZO v2.

Oct 27, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #17 of 615
Well, I kind of figured the interest was there since it was biggish last time, but 13 people already is great. We've got lots of time to figure out where everyone is going to be and get a place and time that works for everyone (hopefully). 

Heck if push comes to shove we could do 2 mini-meets. 

Oct 30, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #19 of 615
I'd love to make it down here! Been thinking about Tx for school. Hopefully dental! See what I can do!

Oct 31, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #20 of 615
I'd definitely like to go this time, I missed the last Austin meet.

I don't have anything too great to bring, but I'll gladly bring along my D7000s and D2000s, I also have an NFB-12 but I don't think it's anything special and I really need to upgrade. (By the time this takes place I very well may have upgraded to a Schitt Dac/Amp combo)

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #22 of 615
I am game for Austin. Just moved to killeen.

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #24 of 615

Quote:

x3

I'd like to attend a meet in Austin depending on the date. I don't have a car right now, so I would not be bringing much. Maybe LCD-2 r1, Westone 4, and Digizoid ZO v2.

You got LCD-2s? 
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #25 of 615
We'd have quite a few LCD 2s in attendance if everyone made it. He's got Rev 1s, I have Rev 2s...Not sure which ones drifting bunnies has. 

EDIT: Which is cool because I'd really like to try new cables, and see if I hear variations between different pairs as many have stated. (And by that I mean differences in Rev 2s and Rev 1s exclusively. Of course there's a difference between Rev 1 and 2)

Quote:
wompa164 said:
You got LCD-2s? 
beerchug.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #26 of 615
I have the Rev 1's but i'm actually selling them at the moment. Not sure what i'll have or if I'll have anything for the next meet but it'll still be fun  to come. Do we have a place to crash yet?

Nov 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #27 of 615
Even if a few people don't bring anything I'm sure there will be enough there to keep us occupied.

As far as a place...Not yet, but we have some time to work that out. I'm going to contact Brian at Cavalli and see if he would have anywhere in mind. He seemed really interested in being part of the meet.

As I said in my first post...as of now I have an empty home (family home that has since been moved out of but not sold). If it stays unsold we could do it there, but I would like a more central location if we do it in Austin. My new apartment would be possible if I clear it with my roomies (which I'm sure would be fine). 

I'm sure we can figure something out. 

Quote:
I have the Rev 1's but i'm actually selling them at the moment. Not sure what i'll have or if I'll have anything for the next meet but it'll still be fun  to come. Do we have a place to crash yet?

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #28 of 615
Quote:
You got LCD-2s? 
beerchug.gif

Haha, yea, I went a little crazy since that Houston meet
biggrin.gif

Quote:
We'd have quite a few LCD 2s in attendance if everyone made it. He's got Rev 1s, I have Rev 2s...Not sure which ones drifting bunnies has. 

EDIT: Which is cool because I'd really like to try new cables, and see if I hear variations between different pairs as many have stated. (And by that I mean differences in Rev 2s and Rev 1s exclusively. Of course there's a difference between Rev 1 and 2)

I'm with you there. I'm all about smooth sound signature with creamy mids, but I would love to hear the r2. I won't lie, I've considered buying a pair to compare the two, but I think this meet would be a much kinder alternative for my wallet, haha. I was hesitant on bringing my set, but with all this said, I'm definitely bringing them now. I'll also have the Norse Norn for you to try out.

Quote:

LCD-3?
tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #29 of 615
What kind of power do we have to push the LCDs coming? I have my 255R but I think it's too bright and bass light...

We should have an LF again as long as I clear it with Brian soon enough.

Nov 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #30 of 615
Haha, that could be a problem. I have a beefy receiver that powers mine, but I don't have a 4 wheeled vehicle and I don't want to lug around this vintage mammoth. Plus, it has some occasional noise in the left channel that aggravates me to no end when it decides to rear its ugly head. I need to open the thing up and give the controls a good Deoxit bath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back