Test Monster Turbine Pro COPPER Headphones
Jun 2, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #226 of 293

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.  Monster should disclose the recipients in this thread.

Well so far we know that the reviewers are stoneyboys, rawster, mesasone, dosley01, and me, so so far 5 have come out. I don't think they should be obligated to reveal them though. I asked who the others were and they didn't respond.

And shame about the wait, but hey we're picked out of the 100+ people that signed up, so we better be patient.
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #227 of 293

Quote:
Well so far we know that the reviewers are stoneyboys, rawster, mesasone, dosley01, and me, so so far 5 have come out. I don't think they should be obligated to reveal them though. I asked who the others were and they didn't respond.

And shame about the wait, but hey we're picked out of the 100+ people that signed up, so we better be patient.
biggrin.gif

They absolutely should be obligated to do so for at least the following reasons: 1) It's the right thing to do; 2) it confirms that the are actually doing what they say they are doing; and 3) if people don't do the right thing and disclose how they received them in the body of their review, then at least such a list would exist to help others make a more informed decision.

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #228 of 293
Jun 2, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #229 of 293
I think either Monster should release a list or those chosen should reveal themselves eventually. I don't think it matters when as long as it is very clear where they got it from in their review.

Jun 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #232 of 293
I do agree that Monster should disclose the recipients, but AFAIK there is no rule that says they have to.  Perhaps there should be.

Thanks for the update on the shipping.  I'm certainly fine with waiting a while for these to arrive, it's just nice to have a rough idea of when they might turn up.

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #233 of 293
I remember The Monkey posting some link to something that mentioned otherwise but I don't really remember it. Either way i would be all for it if Monster releases the names of those who got free stuff for reviewing purposes. It also helps to prevent such things like selling review gear here.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #238 of 293
I thought they weren't being shipped until Monday for the rest of us? Well hopefully I get mine sometime next week.

edit: If Monster is consistent then probably fedex shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back