Test Monster Turbine Pro COPPER Headphones
Jun 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #242 of 293
Got mine today! I'll post first impressions by Thursday and a full review...soon. Ideally I'd like to fix my K271 to compare. Really really quick impressions (out of my HD2): they're kind of underwhelming out of the box. I expected these to be a marked improvement from everything I've heard before, and it is an improvement, but I'd be kind of annoyed if I paid full price. And none of the gel Supertips fit. I'm in between small and medium. The small foam Supertips seal great though. Bass is full and impactful, if a bit uncontrolled, I suspect that's my phone's fault. Mids are nice, detailed, and forward. Highs are a bit harsh. Detail is pretty decent, not as detailed as my K271s. Soundstage (or should I say headstage?) is pretty awesome.

Thanks again to Monster!

Jun 7, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #243 of 293
Mine have also arrived, though so far I've only opened the shipping packaging and removed the shrink wrap.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #246 of 293
I guess that Fedex truck I saw in the morning when I was at my bus stop coming from the direction of my house was probably the coppers then. Hopefully I'll have something nice waiting for me on my desk in a couple hours then.

edit: looks like it was my package as I got it last night :)

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #247 of 293
Still waiting. Not in my mailbox, and no Fedex truck yet.  
Hopefully any day now. 
I want to test the coppers against the golds.
Last time i heard the coppers, it was a few hours before the golds and i couldnt make the comparison.
Id also love to compare the Miles Davis Tributes! 

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #249 of 293
hopefully you get it soon Drag0n..Long island isn't too far off from where I am :) I've put in around 35 hours or so on it with around 5 hours or so of actual listening. I'm hoping to start on the review around the middle of next week and be up shortly after that.

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #250 of 293
Oh rawrster so this is your good stuff, the Copper 
biggrin.gif

By the way, I didn't know this kind of awesome program exist. I do not have much earphones, but I believe the next time there is any review program, I will have the FX-700 and SM3 to compare with (had IE8, have access to Klipsch S4, Monster Miles Davis, TF10, etc), coupled with sflo2 and nano, amped using pico slim and fiio e7. So Soundmatters12 please consider me next time around. 
dt880smile.png

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #251 of 293
I hope so!!!
Id also love to test the Miles Davis. I hear theyre the best ones, but i havent heard those yet. I hope they are the next phase of testing after the Coppers. 
Its fun testing headphones/ iems.   I like hearing which one sounds like what.
Im still patiently waiting. Ill check my mail tomorrow in case they sent it by mail rather than Fedex.  

Quote:
hopefully you get it soon Drag0n..Long island isn't too far off from where I am :) I've put in around 35 hours or so on it with around 5 hours or so of actual listening. I'm hoping to start on the review around the middle of next week and be up shortly after that.

Jun 10, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #252 of 293
Man... Im really hoping that monster would make a MD review program, Im really interested in how those sound compared to the coppers D:

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #254 of 293

Quote:
Just making sure, everyone else from the 2nd round didn't receive the pair of Comply foam, right?

Yup.

I've decided to just put first impressions in my final review in case anyone was waiting for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back