Terrible experience with Beyerdynamic - need alternatives
Aug 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ineedbass

New Head-Fier
[size=small]Sum up a long story; bought Dt 770 Pro 80s from Guitar Center online, right speaker stopped working after few months, sent headphones back 3 times in a row, sent me back refurbished pair and now audio seems to be cutting in and out, head person in charge of service repair was an *******, and I'm just going to do a charge back on VISA and sell these headphones as a faulty pair. Open to suggestions on a good pair of headphones within the $150-250 price range, over ear, listen to a lot of bass heavy music (hip hop, rap, trip hop, dubstep, electronic).[/size]

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Heya,

It's very surprising that 4 pairs of DT770's are at fault. Have you extensively verified your source is not involved?

Regardless, hurry to the classifieds and get one of the D2000's that are listed as fast as you can.

Very best,

The first two times I sent it back, they were doing repairs on the same headphones.  In the service repair form sent back to me, it stated that there was a complete disassembly both times.  Right speaker intermittently would stop working.  The third times I sent it back, I clearly stated that this was the last time I was sending it back to them.  This time, they sent me a completely different refurbished pair that now has the audio that's shotty.  I did verify it wasn't my own problem by testing multiple computers, reinstalling audio drivers, and testing different earphones.  I'm honestly done with them and am really disappointed in this company.  I'll take a look at the D2000s, thank you.
Quote:
or have your dt770 recabled

The service repair did that

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 8
+1 D2000

Also to consider:

Ultrasone 750 Pro / 900 Pro / HFI 580 / HFI 780 - just check comfort on some models...

VMODA M100 ( can Pre order now )

Cheerz!

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 8
I have also had a 'challanging' time with Beyerdynamic service.

With names and dates to protect me from potential identification, I can note that after sending my phones in for service, and verifying they have arrived, it has been over 3 months with limited contact with the warrenty service and no idea when - or if - they will ever be returned.

Attempts to reach Beyer directly reroute the request back to the service center.

Has put me off Beyer forever, or until their service and contact polices change.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #8 of 8
I have also had a 'challanging' time with Beyerdynamic service.

With names and dates to protect me from potential identification, I can note that after sending my phones in for service, and verifying they have arrived, it has been over 3 months with limited contact with the warrenty service and no idea when - or if - they will ever be returned.

Attempts to reach Beyer directly reroute the request back to the service center.

Has put me off Beyer forever, or until their service and contact polices change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back