Terrible Apple Ipod service!!!
Feb 17, 2005 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Dimitris

Headphoneus Supremus
My fiance went to the gym last week and for a reason her 4G 20gb ipod froze!Since it wouldnt turn on or do anything she called Apple service to ask for advise. They told her that her warranty has expired 3 days before and in order to tell her what to do she would have to pay $60 for an additional 2 year warranty!!!
After she did they told her to push the center and top keys for 30 secs in order to reset it!!!If thats not terrible then what is??? Is a hint worth $60 especially after you have paid $300 for a product?I have a similar Ipod myself and to be honest even though i like it a lot i dont feel that if something happens to it i will be able to find a solution at a reasonable price.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #4 of 49
Even if its in the manual i dont think they should charge her $60 for dropping her a tip.
rolleyes.gif
This is an indication of company-policy and it feels like it treats its customers like dogs.
rolleyes.gif
That whould never happen in my company where "consumer is boss". Guess which company is it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #5 of 49
Did they know what her problem was before they told her to extend her warranty? If she had explained the problem to the rep before the sales pitch (assuming the same rep both sold her the warranty and gave her the tip), she'd have a right to be upset. If not, there's nothing to complain about.

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by yyoo
Did they know what her problem was before they told her to extend her warranty? If she had explained the problem to the rep before the sales pitch (assuming the same rep both sold her the warranty and gave her the tip), she'd have a right to be upset. If not, there's nothing to complain about.

She did and they told her that in order to tell her she would have to extend the warranty!!!It sounds like blackmail to me!
rolleyes.gif
I am just sad i wasnt there to help her and look around to find a solution. She is in the states while i am in Greece and she told me on the phone yesterday!
rolleyes.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #8 of 49
So I have to pay more for a product that I buy just to pay for the support people that need to be paid to answer questions for a consumer that will not take the time to read the manual!!!

It's the first line in the trouble shooting section.

$60.00 is a fair penalty.

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:21 PM Post #9 of 49
That's Apple for ya.

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:21 PM Post #10 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by acito616

Agreed.

The same thing happened to my iPod and I was able to find the solution online in about three minutes. It's not that difficult a problem to solve, and if someone is incapable or unwilling to find the answer themselves, paying $60 to have Apple hold your hand through it sounds pretty fair ...

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #11 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by acito616
So I have to pay more for a product that I buy just to pay for the support people that need to be paid to answer questions for a consumer that will not take the time to read the manual!!!

You think that the price you paid doesnt include such charges anyway?Even if noone called to ask for information they would still had to pay for people for support. I just think that that Apple has provided very poor service in this specific occation and I would be really mad is that happened to me.

Feb 17, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #12 of 49
hey, you have an extra 2 yr warranty now...

Feb 17, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #13 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
hey, you have an extra 2 yr warranty now...

True! Thats something! I just think that this was really poor service that was close to being not very ethical. Try picturing your mother or sister being in the same situation.

Feb 17, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #14 of 49
Why didnt you take a look at it for her? Or ask us about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back