Teralink-X USB to Spdif converter - General Discussion
Oct 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #16 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by regal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are there any audiophile grade usb cables that would fit this unit?

I have tried the Teralink-x with various usb cables : no-name, Real cable, Belkin Gold, Monster and Wirewrorld Ultraviolet.
The Wireworld Ultraviolet USB was the best sounding one (same results using it with the emu 0404 usb and Musiland).

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #17 of 60
Quote:

This is the only TeraLink-x thread I could find.

Since it seems to be the only thread about the Teralink-x I changed the title from "drivers discussion" to " general discussion" and updated my first post

Oct 20, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #18 of 60
As far as the AC/DC adapter I found a nice linear supply on digikey. I am assuming 300 mA is enough:

PW2-12.JPG

Oct 22, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #19 of 60
Hello !

I've just got a Teralink and plugged between my PC and ESS Sabre24 Dac , replacing PCM2707 as USB-spdif converter , working perfectly ! .
Usually, when I plug on USB, I have a panel from Windows xp, searching for Drivers to install...But, with Teralink, nothing is needed ? Why not....
The green led is on, fix
I launch JRiver, as player and start playing music...
A bad noise in background (clic-clic ) , and the green led goes on/off .
I'm a bit disapointed about this, I seem to have seen some comments about a similar trouble, but can't find now..
Any advice about this ?
Thanks for any help
R.C.

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #20 of 60
I hooked my TerraLinkX to my laptop today. With foobar the Kernal Streaming just locks up. With ASIO4All Foobar doesn't recognize the device.

On a positive note the automatic windows drivers that install when plugged in pass the HDCD bit perfect test, but I would really like to figure out how to get asio4all to work.

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #21 of 60
Quote:

I hooked my TerraLinkX to my laptop today. With foobar the Kernal Streaming just locks up. With ASIO4All Foobar doesn't recognize the device.

On a positive note the automatic windows drivers that install when plugged in pass the HDCD bit perfect test, but I would really like to figure out how to get asio4all to work.

Teralink-X doesn't seem to work with KS. However, it worked fine with ASIO4ALL with foobar0.8.3, foobar0.9.x, and MediaMonkey. Do you have multiple sound cards connected to your pc ? did you restart your computer after installing asio4all ?

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM Post #22 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello !

I've just got a Teralink and plugged between my PC and ESS Sabre24 Dac , replacing PCM2707 as USB-spdif converter , working perfectly ! .
Usually, when I plug on USB, I have a panel from Windows xp, searching for Drivers to install...But, with Teralink, nothing is needed ? Why not....
The green led is on, fix
I launch JRiver, as player and start playing music...
A bad noise in background (clic-clic ) , and the green led goes on/off .
I'm a bit disapointed about this, I seem to have seen some comments about a similar trouble, but can't find now..
Any advice about this ?
Thanks for any help
R.C.

Sorry to hear about that. When I installed my unit, there was the usual windows xp search for drivers. If I remember correctly, when I switched usb ports, it did the search again.
As for the green light : it starts flickering (on/off) whenever there is audio playing, and stops when there is no audio playing.
Did you try it with optical or coax ?

Oct 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #23 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Teralink-X doesn't seem to work with KS. However, it worked fine with ASIO4ALL with foobar0.8.3, foobar0.9.x, and MediaMonkey. Do you have multiple sound cards connected to your pc ? did you restart your computer after installing asio4all ?

I have foobar 0.9x and the Foo_ASIO.dll plugin, but it doesn't recognize any ASIO4 all

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #24 of 60
Quote:

Sorry to hear about that. When I installed my unit, there was the usual windows xp search for drivers. If I remember correctly, when I switched usb ports, it did the search again.
As for the green light : it starts flickering (on/off) whenever there is audio playing, and stops when there is no audio playing.
Did you try it with optical or coax ?

Thanks for some details about flickering led, I was thinking about a problem of locking !
About drivers, I didn't saw when plugged first time, because I ve had probably installed similar interface in the past, I have much USB/spdif converters
When I look at audio properties in Windows, I can see "CM audio Usb", so should ne nice ?
I've just had an answer from Kevin, the ebay seller, recommanding "not to use Asio4all drivers, but native windows"
Did someone had similar problems with Teralink and Asio drivers ?
I use RCA from Teralink to ESS Dac

Thans for your help !
R.C.

Oct 24, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #25 of 60
Quote:

I have foobar 0.9x and the Foo_ASIO.dll plugin, but it doesn't recognize any ASIO4 all

For foobar, you should copy your "foo_out_asio.dll" into the component folder of foobar "Program Files\foobar2000\components" if you haven't done so. Then you have to make sure that you added the ASIO4ALL to your virtual devices (see the picture attached)

Oct 24, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #26 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for some details about flickering led, I was thinking about a problem of locking !
About drivers, I didn't saw when plugged first time, because I ve had probably installed similar interface in the past, I have much USB/spdif converters
When I look at audio properties in Windows, I can see "CM audio Usb", so should ne nice ?
I've just had an answer from Kevin, the ebay seller, recommanding "not to use Asio4all drivers, but native windows"
Did someone had similar problems with Teralink and Asio drivers ?
I use RCA from Teralink to ESS Dac

Thans for your help !
R.C.

Yes the Teralink shows as C-media usb at the audio properties.
As for Asio4all, it gave me very good results with foobar 0.8.3 and the modified otachan asio plugin. However, it is necessary, to deactivate the resampling to 48 which muddies the sound.
From memory, it seems to me that asio4all was better than DS (native windows) but I didn't spend much them A/Bing. Anyway, you should trust your own ears and choose the setting you feel most confortable with
k701smile.gif

The ploytec usb asio driver was clearly a step up in sound quality, they offer a free version for trial that has however an annoying bip every 30 seconds.

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #27 of 60
Quote:

For foobar, you should copy your "foo_out_asio.dll" into the component folder of foobar "Program Files\foobar2000\components" if you haven't done so. Then you have to make sure that you added the ASIO4ALL to your virtual devices (see the picture attached)

Yes that is how it has worked with other converters but I get nothing, see screenshot. I think something is wrong with my ASIO4ALL installation I'm using Win XP SP3. Need to this working as I play a lot of DTS and HDCD. I cant upgrade this laptop to Win 7 cause it only has 512mb ram.

asio.jpg

Oct 24, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #28 of 60
Quote:

Yes that is how it has worked with other converters but I get nothing, see screenshot. I think something is wrong with my ASIO4ALL installation I'm using Win XP SP3. Need to this working as I play a lot of DTS and HDCD. I cant upgrade this laptop to Win 7 cause it only has 512mb ram.

asio.jpg

Did you try the "add new" button ? Then you can do the configuration. (see the 2 attached pictures)

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #29 of 60
The add new brought it up, had to set it to not resample to 48khz to get it to pass the DTS bit perfect test.

Can't wait to try it with the linear power supply I bought from Digikey.

Thanks for the help, I've always been a PCI guy, this is my first laptop music server computer.

Oct 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #30 of 60
Quote:

The add new brought it up, had to set it to not resample to 48khz to get it to pass the DTS bit perfect test.

Can't wait to try it with the linear power supply I bought from Digikey.

Thanks for the help, I've always been a PCI guy, this is my first laptop music server computer.

Regal,
What are your impressions on the performance of the Teralink ? Did you compare it with other transports ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back