Teradak Teralink-X2 released 19.1.10
Oct 14, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #631 of 642

Quote:
About DOT on capacitor.The capacitor under vibration changes the capacity. Thus, the capacitor becomes parametrical and starts to develop the electric power.As food electrolits all influence a sound it is known, besides "the sound" current proceeds through food electrolits. Thus we mix with a useful signal a hindrance from vibrationsWhy on the top cover of the capacitor? Because the maximum amplitude of vibration is above. 

Interesting theory.  I think there would be much more obvious places to improve your system before worrying about capacitor "vibration".
Do you notice a difference when using these items?

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #632 of 642

Quote:

Thanks!  :)   I got the battery snap at CuteDigi.
http://www.cutedigi.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=9641f6e73ae0526f788bde0f9c79982e&keywords=battery+snap

It seems to work well, but I haven't had a chance for any critical listening comparisons.  But again, I appreciate your help with this.

Best, M. 

I use a similar connector for this and another device.  A very simple way to get cleaner power then using the USB and cheaper then an external PSU.
I have not compared a battery to the external PSU but I can't see how a PSU would be cleaner then a battery.

Mar 27, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #634 of 642
Don't buy it, it's a crap unit. Mine broke after a month or so. It sounded ok though but it's money thrown out the window.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #635 of 642
I've been using my Teralink X1 for at least 5 years. It has performed perfectly. Just last night I bought a Teralink USB isolator.
I have 100% confidence in Teralink products.

You should post your unit back to where you bought it from, and get it repaired or replaced. It has a 1 year warranty. There are too many people happily using reliable Teralink products for you to post such a knee jerk comment. I understand you are upset, but really??

Apr 2, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #636 of 642
Teradak can't be hassled to answer customer requests, I wanted additional infos on their +$150 5V PSU's...never got a reply. I tried all their email addresses several times. Not a good sign if I'd ever need RMA, I'll pass.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #637 of 642
FWIW, TeraDac answered my emails promptly.
Anyway I bought mine from Valab on ebay. Who incidentally are also good sellers, and reply to emails.

What sort of info would you want on the Teralink PSU that you could not find out on the ebay ads, or by looking at the internal pictures?

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #638 of 642
Ripple, max amperage depending on the voltage output, etc etc. They claim that the voltage of the TeraX2 PSU can be changed between 5V and 9V, but that they don't guarantee the max amperage....wth is that supposed to mean?

Also there are two versions of the TeraX2 PSU on ebay, apparently one is the newest revision...which one? what changes were made?

Anyway, A-GD can make his DI PSU 5V on request, and because it's Class A ripple is <0.3mV whatever the load and it can output up to 600mA 
normal_smile .gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #639 of 642
Its a fair comment about the lack of exact specifications regarding the Teralink PSU. 
however I just checked one ad on ebay here: 
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Teralink-X2-X1-U9VA-Linear-Low-noise-Power-Supply-/260959402579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc2647a53#ht_2234wt_968

It quite clearly says 9V 1Amp.

The model is also called a U9VA.

I know that making assumptions is a dangerous thing, but it uses discreet components, and from this, I assume that the VA means Volt Amps.
This says to me that at 5 Volts it can output 1.8 Amps!

There seem to be two main sellers of the power supply on ebay, Vintage audio labs, and A&B systems. Both have different cases. Perhaps some capacitors or diodes are different? You would have to email the respective sellers to find out.

As for the ripple, I agree that specifications would be nice, but just because a specification is mentioned, does not mean that it is true. I doubt that the AudioGD power supply maintains the same ripple irrespective of load. Did you see the Audio GD datasheet of ripple vs load? And was it a constant load such as a resistor, or dynamic load such as a digital circuit?

Ripple is not the only specification that someone would want with a PSU, as output impedance at various frequencies would also be of interest.
However how often do you ever see this mentioned?

May 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #640 of 642
The ground loop problem I had before is gone now. My Teralink-X2-M lives again!

I mounted a USB isolator on top, and wired the USB cables directly to the board. Here the isolator draws clean power from the Teralink's built in PSU. But normally this isolator has its own linear regulator, and you would plug in a 7.5VDC unregulated wall wart. (http://yzrandome.blogspot.ca/2012/02/lr-powered-usb-isolator.html) I bought another isolator to use externally with my other DACs.

(Before this I had tried removing the "USB-PS" jumper to prevent the computer's power supply from mixing with the Teralink. But my computer would not recognize the Teralink. I think just tying the host USB power wires together with a resistor is not sufficient.)

Here it is powered up in my Bufallo II. That LED is very overpowering. 
blink.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #641 of 642
Quote:
The ground loop problem I had before is gone now. My Teralink-X2-M lives again!

I mounted a USB isolator on top, and wired the USB cables directly to the board. Here the isolator draws clean power from the Teralink's built in PSU. But normally this isolator has its own linear regulator, and you would plug in a 7.5VDC unregulated wall wart. (http://yzrandome.blogspot.ca/2012/02/lr-powered-usb-isolator.html) I bought another isolator to use externally with my other DACs.

(Before this I had tried removing the "USB-PS" jumper to prevent the computer's power supply from mixing with the Teralink. But my computer would not recognize the Teralink. I think just tying the host USB power wires together with a resistor is not sufficient.)

Here it is powered up in my Bufallo II. That LED is very overpowering. 
blink.gif

This is beautiful work!!!  Want to play around with my pre-dac and add in my USB converter too?:):):)  No joke, I'd pay to have the work done.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #642 of 642
Having had the Teradak 9V/5V PSU for several months now, I recently bought the Teralink X2 and I'm very surprised at how well it performs as a USB-to-Coaxial S/PDIF converter.

I just made this post to the Resonessence Concero thread:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/1800#post_10718427

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back