Teradak Teralink-X2 released 19.1.10
Sep 30, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #572 of 642
Hi everybody

I'm a longtime audio geek, starting now the journey to use my MacBook as the primary digital source.
To accomplish this I decided to buy a Teralink X2 device to make the connection to my Metronome Tube-DAC.

So far so good, but I cannot bring my Teralink to life
confused_face(1).gif

I'm using OS X 10.6.4, but the Teralink is not recognized as audio device. So I have no possibility to switch to the USB based output. If I let run the check routine of OS X, I can see that the USB port is connectrd with the Teralink. So, Mac and Teralink see each other, but Mac doesn't recognize Teralink as an audio device.

Anyone can help? Anyone has an idea. Oh, and I already sent an email to Teradak company, but received no reply so far. Also the HK based seller is very silent
frown.gif

Thanks guys for your advice!

Oct 11, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #573 of 642
Oct 16, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #574 of 642
Oct 17, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #575 of 642

Quote:
 I used TX2 A&B SYSTEMS upgrade version      +     . A&B SYSTEMS  6N USB cable + v0p7p3pa version driver ,is better  very high performance.
[size=small]http://www.ab-system.hk/work/USB/usb3pkg_v0p7p3p2a_20100401.zip[/size] 
L3000.gif
. .

I have seen there units before and have heard some good things about them.  I am considering just modding my unit with some higher grade parts.  It would be interesting to compare both units side by side.

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #576 of 642
Thanks for sharing.!!!

Oct 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #577 of 642
Hi Mate,

You might want to check post 3 on this forum about using the Teralink X2 with a Mac:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491041/teralink-x2-on-mac

Actually, I just noiced you asked the same question on that forum too!

Have you tried that suggestion?
What were your results?

I would alternativly try your unit on a Windows computer and see if it works there, then you will kno if the problem lies with the configuration of MAC osX or if its a hardware issue with your Teralink X2 (faulty)

Quote:
Hi everybody

I'm a longtime audio geek, starting now the journey to use my MacBook as the primary digital source.
To accomplish this I decided to buy a Teralink X2 device to make the connection to my Metronome Tube-DAC.

So far so good, but I cannot bring my Teralink to life
confused_face(1).gif

I'm using OS X 10.6.4, but the Teralink is not recognized as audio device. So I have no possibility to switch to the USB based output. If I let run the check routine of OS X, I can see that the USB port is connectrd with the Teralink. So, Mac and Teralink see each other, but Mac doesn't recognize Teralink as an audio device.

Anyone can help? Anyone has an idea. Oh, and I already sent an email to Teradak company, but received no reply so far. Also the HK based seller is very silent
frown.gif

Thanks guys for your advice!

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #578 of 642
I'm using the PSU supplied with the Teralink (8v dc), but would like to try a sealed lead acid battery. I've bought a 2.2 amp hour SLA battery, but the voltage output reads 12.6V (rather than 12V) - will this damage the components in any way?

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #579 of 642
Can someone provide me with some additional information regarding the windows driver of the Teralink? I hope soon I receive my Audinst HUD-MX1 I have just ordered, so I can experiment with the Tenor driver on the Audinst (to see if it works, and if yes, with what performance):

- Does this driver install both a normal driver and a ASIO driver? Does any non-ASIO related thing change when installing this driver?
- Which version is better V0.91.6.1a or V0.7.3.2a? I have compared the Windows Live files with the AB System ones, and they are the exact same zip files, so at least this doesn't matter.

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #580 of 642
I have been searching this thread but couldn't find the answer to my question... A friend of mine is using Teralink X2 with external PSU in Windows 7 and Foobar. He has instaleld WASAPI plug in in Foobar, but can't make it work in exclusive mode. Is the Teralink X2 compatible with WASAPI exclusive mode. If not, then what is the point of using WASAPI. Do you recommend other drivers over WASAPI in this situation. Thanks for your help,

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #581 of 642

Quote:
I have been searching this thread but couldn't find the answer to my question... A friend of mine is using Teralink X2 with external PSU in Windows 7 and Foobar. He has instaleld WASAPI plug in in Foobar, but can't make it work in exclusive mode. Is the Teralink X2 compatible with WASAPI exclusive mode. If not, then what is the point of using WASAPI. Do you recommend other drivers over WASAPI in this situation. Thanks for your help,

I own the Teralink X2 and have no problem with WASAPI and Windows 7 x64. I have used an external power supply but can't tell the difference so for now I just use USB power. Maybe your friend has the sampling rate set wrong? I know this unit does like 32khz to 96khz, it might go lower but it doesn't do anything above 96khz. Dumb question but after installing the WASAPI plugin, does he select the WASAPI Teralink X2 from the list?

Nov 6, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #582 of 642
Thanks and sorry for not beeing clear. It actually works fine and WASAPI output is selected, but we dind't know if it was in exclusive or shared mode. I think we have figured out that some audio properties need to be activated in windows to set the exclusive mode. Quoting Windows:

To change the exclusive-mode settings of a playback device

1.Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area, which is located on the right side of the taskbar, and select Playback Devices.
2.After the Sound window appears, select Playback. Next, select an entry in the list of device names, and click Properties.
3.After the Properties window appears, click Advanced.
4.To enable applications to use the device in exclusive mode, check the box labeled Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device. To disable exclusive-mode use of the device, clear the check box.
5.If exclusive-mode use of the device is enabled, you can specify whether a request for exclusive control of the device will succeed if the device is currently playing or recording shared-mode streams. To give exclusive-mode applications priority over shared-mode applications, check the box labeled Give exclusive mode applications priority. To deny exclusive-mode applications priority over shared-mode applications, clear the check box.

We have done that and it seem to work fine. Thanks.

Quote:
I own the Teralink X2 and have no problem with WASAPI and Windows 7 x64. I have used an external power supply but can't tell the difference so for now I just use USB power. Maybe your friend has the sampling rate set wrong? I know this unit does like 32khz to 96khz, it might go lower but it doesn't do anything above 96khz. Dumb question but after installing the WASAPI plugin, does he select the WASAPI Teralink X2 from the list?

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #584 of 642

Quote:

Does any one know if it's possible to connect my Teralink X2 via rj45 output to my DAC's (Javs Dac-2 March) i2s hdmi input? I bought a HDMI cable, cut one side off and tried different setups attaching a rj45 to the hdmi paired cables, but got no signal on the DAC. Would appreciate to get some knowledge about that.
Here is a PS Audio HDMI scheme I found, but I'm not sure how to assign the Teralink pinouts.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/files/PSAudioI2Spinout.png

No you can not just connect up i2s signals to the HDMI input.
HDMI sends packetised audio data, which is then decoded into audio and video, the packetised audio data is received by the HDMI receiver and then turned into 4 chanels of LR audio i2s data. giving 7.1 audio. (8 channels)

If you want to directly use i2s into your Javs Dac2 March, you need to open the unit and find out which HDMI receiver it uses, check the datasheet, then connect i2s from the teralink directly to the i2s lines leading to the DAC IC.
This is the only way to do it.

The attahced picture is of an HDMI reciever you will see the HDMI signals coming in on the left and the i2s signals going out on the right.

Picture is from:
http://www.analog.com/en/audiovideo-products/analoghdmidvi-interfaces/adv7614/products/product.html

Nov 10, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #585 of 642

Users who are viewing this thread

Back