Teradak Teralink-X2 released 19.1.10
Sep 12, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #541 of 642
If you can't hear a difference and are still 100% satisfied with your set-up thats great....it means you are saving yourself a lot of cash, and headaches.

To be honest the differences can be very small, if not partly imagined.  And then there is pride of ownership and the trill of buying something new.  I have to admit, when I get a new piece of gear or some wire in the mail its like Christmas all over again.  Another plus is audio has a very well stocked used market, which means some great deals on some very pampered gear.

BTW, I got one of the ADuM USB isolators in the mail yesterday with a linear-regulated power supply....HUGE difference in USB!  It made what once was dim and lack luster into a sound that is crisp and clean.

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #542 of 642

No a transport is a necessity :wink:  and a good product is going to make a difference.  I rather have a high end transport than a low end one even if its just 1's and 0's just for the peace of mind.

Even with cables, while I don't believe in hyper high end cables I believe a good cable cost a little more than $2.

Just talking about all the insanity with operating systems and different software players.  I'll meet you halfway and say if a decoder sucks it will affect the output quality but thats as far as I would take it.  Easy tweaks for the sake of doing it and for the sake that memory is faster and solid state such as setting foobar to load the full file into memory before playing.  Even if the quality isn't there, it doesn't effect the user experience nor does it cost anything :wink:

ASIO is better than WASAPI on a case to case basis.  If you need to tweak latency ASIO provides that front end WASAPI does not.  As far as audio playback don't notice the difference.
Quote:
If you can't hear a difference and are still 100% satisfied with your set-up thats great....it means you are saving yourself a lot of cash, and headaches.

To be honest the differences can be very small, if not partly imagined.  And then there is pride of ownership and the trill of buying something new.  I have to admit, when I get a new piece of gear or some wire in the mail its like Christmas all over again.  Another plus is audio has a very well stocked used market, which means some great deals on some very pampered gear.

BTW, I got one of the ADuM USB isolators in the mail yesterday with a linear-regulated power supply....HUGE difference in USB!  It made what once was dim and lack luster into a sound that is crisp and clean.

Sep 12, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #543 of 642
basshead.gif
confused_face_2.gif
blink.gif
......$2

Quote:
Even with cables, while I don't believe in hyper high end cables I believe a good cable cost a little more than $2.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #544 of 642

Which one? circuit@home's? can you tell me its three dimensions please? I will feed it from a linear regulated Firestone Supplier PSU,  and compare it against BigBear's self-powered dongle...but I haven't received it yet and I wanna build a faraday cage for it(so my neighbors wifi won't mess w/ it).

Sep 13, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #545 of 642

Its C@H......4.3 cm x 4.3cm x .9cm

Compared to the coax it retains all the clarity though out the frequency range plus more information in the lower mid down.
Compared to USB without it, before the USB was dull and veiled vs. now open and clear
Compared to toslink, toslink seems thicker in the mids and softer in the bass, coax bass is softer, USB via Adum is punchier

Quote:

Which one? circuit@home's? can you tell me its three dimensions please? I will feed it from a linear regulated Firestone Supplier PSU,  and compare it against BigBear's self-powered dongle...but I haven't received it yet and I wanna build a faraday cage for it(so my neighbors wifi won't mess w/ it).

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #546 of 642
ok, thanks! can't wait to hear ADUM4160 from a proper PSU, it's already such a banger off the computer's noisy ATX SMPS
radiohead2113.gif

I guess the PSU jack won't be the same as my DPS, but I'll cannibalize some wallwart...or better, solder my DPS cable onto the C@H dongle PCB.

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #554 of 642
How in the hell can a driver affect bass only? I installed the driver, downloaded the ASIO plugin for Foobar and couldn't output anything. I uninstalled it shortly after. It's been a while since I've used ASIO, was I supposed to have ASIO4All installed too or something?

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #555 of 642

You can download the new driver from the following Teradak hotmail space.
http://cid-1eb7027489224a7d.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Teralink-X2%20ASIO%20driver%20%5E50.9%20beta%5E6
Any new driver will be released in the place.
If you have met any issue during installation or usage, please fill the bug-report document.   The Teradak will forward the bug issue to the vendor for fixing in the next version.  

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back