Teradak Teralink-X2 released 19.1.10
Mar 31, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #151 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, questo é impossibile - solo 192 KHz
wink_face.gif

Ciao
beerchug.gif

Why not? If foobar downsamples 192 -> 96 e feeds X2 thru usb with a 96 signal it should work (I haven't tried yet).

Ciao

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #152 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've also purchased a set of WireWorld Starlight USB cables since slim.a found an improvement by using them.

I'm very interested in your results. I tested some usb cable and I didn't find any difference, but I haven't tested exotic cables, just ordinary ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope these 2 things in conjunction fix the issues I had with the Teralink-X2 before (ie. muddy bass, too much warmth and a slight dulling of highs)

I haven't reported my last test on X2 yet, I2S connection. I think you should try it. It's really an upgrade over spdif.

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #154 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, I will be able to compare it to the Teralink X(1). Since the X2 uses a more modern chip (Tenor vs. CM108 for the older one), hopefully it will bring some improvements over the X1 ... as well the 24/96 capability.

Please do report, I have an X1 for my laptop but am considering an X2 for my other rig.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #156 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by m.massimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very interested in your results. I tested some usb cable and I didn't find any difference, but I haven't tested exotic cables, just ordinary ones. I haven't reported my last test on X2 yet, I2S connection. I think you should try it. It's really an upgrade over spdif.

+1

I'm gonna make my own usb cable. I'm curious to know what effect dirty pc earth/power lines have on the data + & -. Does anyone have any suggestions for flat, twisted pair, shielding, ferrite beads, etc ?

ASSMANN WSW | Connectors | Multipole Rectangular | Connectors Rectangular | USB Style A and B for Cable Assembly |A-USBPA-N

ASSMANN WSW | Connectors | Multipole Rectangular | Connectors Rectangular | USB Style A and B for Cable Assembly |A-USBPB-N

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #157 of 642
The new 0.9 beta driver is available in
here

[V0.9] 2010-03-25 (Beta)
1. Version of USB device driver is [v3510]
2. Version of ASIO driver is [1.10]
3. Support Pre-Installation of WDM driver.
4. ASIO driver on x64 (AMD64) platform.
5. ASIO CPL on x64 (AMD64) platform.
6. Valid date is between 2010/3/25 and 2010/5/16

---------------------------------------------------------------
The previous 0.7 stable version will be released soon.
Their release strategy is to release the new beta first and then release the previous stable version.

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #158 of 642
Thanks !

Any chance you can find out how the buffer works ? I'm dying to know ... :wink:

Thanks again.

EDIT: It caused a conflict with another ASIO driver (the other wouldn't open) but after uninstalling and reinstalling both, it's fine again. I can't hear any difference but functionally it is better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teraguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new 0.9 beta driver is available in
here

[V0.9] 2010-03-25 (Beta)
1. Version of USB device driver is [v3510]
2. Version of ASIO driver is [1.10]
3. Support Pre-Installation of WDM driver.
4. ASIO driver on x64 (AMD64) platform.
5. ASIO CPL on x64 (AMD64) platform.
6. Valid date is between 2010/3/25 and 2010/5/16

---------------------------------------------------------------
The previous 0.7 stable version will be released soon.
Their release strategy is to release the new beta first and then release the previous stable version.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #161 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by m.massimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very interested in your results. I tested some usb cable and I didn't find any difference, but I haven't tested exotic cables, just ordinary ones.

I haven't reported my last test on X2 yet, I2S connection. I think you should try it. It's really an upgrade over spdif.

Unfortunately, I can't used I2S without opening my DAC up. I wish I had a readymade input in my DAC.

Apr 1, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #162 of 642
Hi guys,

I've got the day off so I've been playing with the X2.

Resampling works, (although the effect isn't as strong as with the pcm2706), so thanks again to all who pointed me this way ! It helps my dac too (Modified Musiland MD-10) cos that loves 96Khz. Resampling also seems to create a 24 bit depth. So cool !

At some point I'll start learning how to program the SRC4193 evm I have and see whats best with that in the stream.

The new driver lets me select bit depth which is great - it's 24 all the way now.

I've tried some different power options including using no onboard regulator and a sigma11 instead. I've also tried some battery options. The best so far has been a li-ion notebook battery with a 5V reg after it. The 5V reg is pretty average except for it's noise voltage which is just 10uV. Hard to believe from a 7805 and I imagine it's probably about 40uV in 'real life'.

So I'm settled on using a li-ion battery and the 5V reg. I'll adapt the battery for longer life.

STMICROELECTRONICS|L7805ABV|V REG, 5V | Farnell Hong Kong

I think the only thing left to try now is the xo and usb cable.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #163 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I've got the day off so I've been playing with the X2.

Resampling works, (although the effect isn't as strong as with the pcm2706), so thanks again to all who pointed me this way ! It helps my dac too (Modified Musiland MD-10) cos that loves 96Khz. Resampling also seems to create a 24 bit depth. So cool !

At some point I'll start learning how to program the SRC4193 evm I have and see whats best with that in the stream.

The new driver lets me select bit depth which is great - it's 24 all the way now.

I've tried some different power options including using no onboard regulator and a sigma11 instead. I've also tried some battery options. The best so far has been a li-ion notebook battery with a 5V reg after it. The 5V reg is pretty average except for it's noise voltage which is just 10uV. Hard to believe from a 7805 and I imagine it's probably about 40uV in 'real life'.

So I'm settled on using a li-ion battery and the 5V reg. I'll adapt the battery for longer life.

STMICROELECTRONICS|L7805ABV|V REG, 5V | Farnell Hong Kong

I think the only thing left to try now is the xo and usb cable.

I vagely remember a group project on pinkfishmedia for a high quality regulator for digital. I think it was called the flea, was built to compete with Tentlabs expensive regulators. Might be worth looking into getting those boards made again. Another option may be the Salas Shunt Reg on DIYAudio.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #164 of 642
Have you got any noise specs ? This is my main concern (considering the reg is after a battery and the X2 presents a constant load).

EDIT : Flea looks great for noise but it'll only do the xo, not the whole X2 as it is 30mA.
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=21940

Tentlabs and Paul Hynes are also great ~ 50nV noise. This should be a clear jump up rather than the little steps I've made. However, given this device's limitations (not async etc) and the cost of these modules, I won't be going down this path.

I just broke up the battery and re-organised the six cells so it now gives 7.5V (empty) to 8.8 (fully charged) and should last longer (40 hours ?) and waste less energy in voltage drop across the reg. I'll charge it slowly overnight and see how long it lasts.

cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back