Teradak Teralink-X2 released 19.1.10
Mar 27, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #137 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by thoppa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking forward to a USB3.0 device....

I don't know much about USB 3, I imagine would require a new MB? I'm hoping in a couple years the computer transport jitter issue will be licked.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #139 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by teraguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can not speak of the price or any other business related issue.

Hi,

I'm wondering about the buffer in this device. Do you know how it works ?

I had assumed it stores packets of USB data (say 200 ?) and uses them to average the USB clock and so reduce individual packet timing errors, and so this reduces jitter ....but I wonder if my assumption is correct.

I'm asking because I'd like to know about what kind of effect an ocxo or any low jitter xo can have on the overall jitter performance for this device. I'm also wondering if low ppm xo is more important than low ps for this device. Again, I assumed low ppm just meant the audio is played at the correct speed and low ps meant lower jitter which would give more definition.

There's not much information available for the Tenor chip so I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tom

Mar 29, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #140 of 642
I'm gonna give the software resampling a go. I have a couple of usb devices that have pcm2706/7 chips and cheap 12.000Mhz crystals, so it'll be interesting to see if they can be improved and, of course, this X2.

I'm using the latest Foobar and there seems to be a consensus that the best upsamplers are here :

A new resampler DSP for foobar2000 - Hydrogenaudio Forums

Does anyone know a better one ? I'll be upsampling 44.1 to 48 in Foobar and this will feed the Ploytech asio driver+headphonia usb dac cable, and the X2 and gfec asio driver.

Thanks.

Mar 29, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #141 of 642
Hi thoppa,

I'm also using the Sox-Resampler, since it's better than the standard resampler. The Sox resampler contains a lot of options to adjust the behaviour - especially for excluding certain samplerates and defining several target samplerates by "if-conditions". So for the TeraLink X2 you can define converting 44.1 to 48.0 and 88.2 to 96.0 and 192.0 to 96.0 by a script written in the "target"-window.

Mar 29, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #142 of 642
Hi Fujak,

Thanks for the tip. I'm now using the SSE2 version with the mod to exclude 96000 from resampling. It's doubled the load on the processor (7% to 15%) but it works very well with the pcm2706 gear (Headphonia usb dac cable) - a very obvious improvement. Great stuff !

I'll give it a try with the X2 next weekend.

Thanks to Regal and Slim too !

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #143 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi thoppa,

So for the TeraLink X2 you can define converting 44.1 to 48.0 and 88.2 to 96.0 and 192.0 to 96.0 by a script written in the "target"-window.

I'm very interested in this option, thank you for the tip. I installed the dsp in foobar, but it's not clear to me how to set 192 to 96 only. Can you help me?

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #144 of 642
Hi massimo,

First of all: You have to download the following version of Sox-Resampler: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...e=post&id=5505

Then quick guide:

You set target samplerate to "96000" and type in the line below: "44100;48000; 88200;96000" in the list of frequencies.

Sound with sample rates 44100, 48000, 88200 and 96000 Hz will pass through the plugin, other (that means in this case 176.4 and 192.0) will be resampled to 96000 Hz.

Ciao
Fujak

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #146 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by m.massimo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, all clear. Thank you. So I can play 196kHz with X2 at 96kHz.

No, questo é impossibile - solo 192 KHz
wink_face.gif

Ciao
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #147 of 642
ïîðíî ôîòî áåðåìåííûå ýðîòèêà îíëèíå Ñàìîå øîêèðóþùåå âèäåî òåòêè ñêà÷àòü áåñïëàòíî ïîðíóõó ñ æèâîòíûìè <a href="http://papakupi.ru/seo/pytki-huya.html">ïîðíî ôîòî äåâî÷åê 15 ëåò</a> ïðîñìîòð áåç ðåãèñòðàöèè è áåñïëàòíî áåç ñìñ ïîðíóõà âèäåî ïîððíî áåñïëàòíî ÿïîíèÿ ïîðíî åáàë ìàìó ñìîòðåòü âèäèî ïîðíî [LINK ãîëûå]http://papakupi.ru/seo/*****-foto-podroskov.html]ãîëûå äåòè ôîòî[/LINK] ôîòî ñâÿçûâàíèÿ áåñïëàòíûå ïîðíî ðîëèêè

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #148 of 642
Thanks Fujak for sending the Tenor ASIO driver. I've bought another Teralink-X2 to test the driver (sold my previous one). I've also purchased a set of WireWorld Starlight USB cables since slim.a found an improvement by using them. I hope these 2 things in conjunction fix the issues I had with the Teralink-X2 before (ie. muddy bass, too much warmth and a slight dulling of highs). FWIW, I thought the Teralink was clearly superior to the hiFace (and USB input/motherboard coaxial out) in terms of soundstaging and midrange liquidity and it was also the least fatiguing.

Will update the thread when I get the Teralink back.

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #150 of 642
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Fujak for sending the Tenor ASIO driver. I've bought another Teralink-X2 to test the driver (sold my previous one). I've also purchased a set of WireWorld Starlight USB cables since slim.a found an improvement by using them. I hope these 2 things in conjunction fix the issues I had with the Teralink-X2 before (ie. muddy bass, too much warmth and a slight dulling of highs). FWIW, I thought the Teralink was clearly superior to the hiFace (and USB input/motherboard coaxial out) in terms of soundstaging and midrange liquidity and it was also the least fatiguing.

Will update the thread when I get the Teralink back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sharose, that's a funny story: While you are buying a new TeraLink X2 I just have ordered a Hiface to compare both. I am very curious about the results of our testing...

I have just ordered the Teralink X2. Unfortunately, I won't have the hiface to compare it to as I have just sent it to m2tech for repair (it broke).

However, I will be able to compare it to the Teralink X(1). Since the X2 uses a more modern chip (Tenor vs. CM108 for the older one), hopefully it will bring some improvements over the X1 ... as well the 24/96 capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back