Tenso forwarding services
Nov 16, 2011 at 4:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

-y0-

500+ Head-Fier
Can people that have used this to get Japanese only earphones please chime in their experience with it. What happens is a delivery from Amazon Japan was attempted but not complete because they're closed at the time of delivery. Any good or bad Tenso experiences would be appreciated.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #2 of 18
I used Tenso to ship a pair of FX700s from Amazon Japan. It took a couple of weeks to make it overseas, but I ended up saving quite a bit of money compared to buying them directly, and I'd definitely go to them again.

Hopefully the shipping services make another attempt to deliver your purchase to the Tenso warehouse, otherwise you may have to contact Amazon Japan to get the situation rectified.

Nov 16, 2011 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 18

Quote:
I used Tenso to ship a pair of FX700s from Amazon Japan. It took a couple of weeks to make it overseas, but I ended up saving quite a bit of money compared to buying them directly, and I'd definitely go to them again.

Hopefully the shipping services make another attempt to deliver your purchase to the Tenso warehouse, otherwise you may have to contact Amazon Japan to get the situation rectified.

I'm hoping Tenso will contact the carrier to redeliver or maybe even pickup the package.

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 18
That's good to hear, I didn't see too many complaits online about them. Although my visa blocked thier initial payment and then told me if I wanted to unblock it they would but if I had any issues they would not help me since they would rather it be blocked!

That certainly odd, I guess they have had problems with them before.

Thanks for the info!

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 18
Interesting. How much would a pair of IEMs cost to ship opposed to buying it from the sellers on E-bay?

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #8 of 18
It's cheaper to buy direct from amazon but through eBay its 10$ more, so it's really not worth the tenso hassle, IF THEY ARE REAL? The phone aren't out yet so I don't think thier are any fakes but there can be rejects, ect.

It is nice to hear successful stories though, and I am sure plenty of people use the service.

Jun 10, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #9 of 18
I bought the e-Q5 from Amazon.co.jp & had it shipped to the US through Tenso.  Saved a bunch off of what it typically cost through other vendors (I got it for ~$190 shipped.. it typically costs $250+, w/o shipping).  The process was very smooth.. Tenso's communication was great.. and it arrived surprisingly fast.  I'm using the same combination of services (Amazon.co.jp & Tenso) to get the JVC FXD80 (to be released this week).  Will let you know how it goes.

Jun 10, 2012 at 8:20 AM Post #12 of 18
Feb 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #13 of 18
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just made a Tenso account and I had a question. I'm trying to buy something off amazon japan, and I'm a little confused about how to input to the address that Tenso gives you. They basically give you one line of text for your "[size=12.727272033691406px]Shipping address for online shopping", but you have to fill in Zip Code, Prefecture, and Address when you buy off amazon. Which parts of the address that Tenso gives you go in which parts of the amazon shipping information? [/size]

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just made a Tenso account and I had a question. I'm trying to buy something off amazon japan, and I'm a little confused about how to input to the address that Tenso gives you. They basically give you one line of text for your "[size=12.727272033691406px]Shipping address for online shopping", but you have to fill in Zip Code, Prefecture, and Address when you buy off amazon. Which parts of the address that Tenso gives you go in which parts of the amazon shipping information?[/size]

They give you one line of text only, no numbers for the zip code or anything? Is the address written in Japanese characters or in alphabet?

Anyhow, Japanese zip code is XXX-XXXX with X being the numbers, so maybe you can input the number that's written like that (if there is any).

Prefecture usually ends with either -Ken, -Fu or -To or in Japanese characters 県 府 都 respectively.

The rest should be the address.

It'd be easier for you to PM me the address Tenso gave you so I can tell you which part is what, but I dunno, you might not be able/allowed to PM me the address perhaps due to privacy or whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back