Tennmak
Nov 4, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #556 of 1,026
Eagerly awaiting your early impressions on those!

Trying to be cautious here but my initial impressions are great!

I've been listening on my Xduoo X3

I've put the included foam tips on which provide outstanding isolation. Wearing them up there are zero microphonics.

So far I've listened to Moon shaped pool by radiohead and hounds of love by Kate Bush both in 44khz 16 bit FLAC as Tony insisted on listening to lossles with them!

They have a similar signature to the pros with smoothed off treble but are far ftom dull.

Mids are AMAZING (check out that caution!) and are the most detailed of all my iems with beautiful timbre. I'm hearing things with these that I've never noticed before which is making me excited to listen to my entire music collection with them!

Bass is a close second with slight boost in the midbass like pros but with less bleed (minimal) in to the mids. The bass is very controlled and accurate though and the sub bass rumble is fantastic.

They are very full sounding.

Soundstage is more intimate than the pros but separation of all the sounds is excellent.

Looking forward to tyre affect of brain burn / burn in.

Hope, the'll turn out sounding refine & gentle...

I think you may have your wish.

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #557 of 1,026
Trying to be cautious here but my initial impressions are great!

I've been listening on my Xduoo X3

I've put the included foam tips on which provide outstanding isolation. Wearing them up there are zero microphonics.

So far I've listened to Moon shaped pool by radiohead and hounds of love by Kate Bush both in 44khz 16 bit FLAC as Tony insisted on listening to lossles with them!

They have a similar signature to the pros with smoothed off treble but are far ftom dull.

Mids are AMAZING (check out that caution!) and are the most detailed of all my iems with beautiful timbre. I'm hearing things with these that I've never noticed before which is making me excited to listen to my entire music collection with them!

Bass is a close second with slight boost in the midbass like pros but with less bleed (minimal) in to the mids. The bass is very controlled and accurate though and the sub bass rumble is fantastic.

They are very full sounding.

Soundstage is more intimate than the pros but separation of all the sounds is excellent.

Looking forward to tyre affect of brain burn / burn in.
I think you may have your wish.

Thanks for that, sounds like they are really good. I might order during the sale

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #558 of 1,026
There's a Tennmak sale on Nov 11 2016. Has anyone seen their sales before and have an idea what the prices could be? I'm trying to plan my budget. I know I'll get pianos but may also get cellos or pros. I can't get all three. How long has the shipping taken for those of you in the US?

Also, have any of you also owned the Panasonic hje 120, ety kids, brainwavz m1 or RHA 750? I'd love brief comparisons to any Tennmak model. I already own the first two and hope to someday own the other two. I know the pro is supposed to be more balanced, so are the brainwavz. If you had to choose m1 or pro, which would you pick, or are they so different it's worth owning both down the road?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tennmak-Tenmk-Pro-Dual-Dynamic-Driver-Professional-In-Ear-Sport-Detach-Earphone-Headphones-with-Microphone-Remote/32624020655.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.21.VhZfqC&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10091_10090_9999_10088_10089,searchweb201603_1&btsid=116dabb8-881f-4b94-8bdd-2e0a4cde05c9
21.11$ for the Tennmak pro on the sale (thanks to @c0rp1 for the link!)
https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?minPrice=&maxPrice=&isBigSale=y&isShoppingCard=n&isFreeShip=n&isFavorite=n&isRtl=n&isLocalReturn=n&shipFromCountry=&shipCompanies=&SearchText=tennmak+piano&CatId=0&g=y&SortType=price_asc&initiative_id=SB_20161104033159&needQuery=n&groupsort=1
Tennmak Piano, listings aren't too clear, not sure if any of them come with cables of their own or not, so I just linked the whole search and turned on the anniversary sale button to check out on your own :)!

Nov 4, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #562 of 1,026
  @toddy0191 how much did you pay for the Cello? I'm sure it wasn't $66 when it first arrived.

I paid about £37 (not sure what that is in dollars), but it looks like a price increase prior to going back to that price for the 11.11 sale!

I'm sure if you message them they'll drop it before then.

After more listening on my way to work this morning, they are worth the price I paid.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #564 of 1,026
Quick update on the Crazy Cellos:

They are very tip sensitive. I tried a few tips and the worst of the bunch were the included whirlwind tips which seemed to suck the life out of the sound. The included foam tips are by far the best.

They are very easy to drive.

Build quality seems very good. Cable is high quality but a little on the stiff side. It doesn't really get tangled though.

One bugbear is the L R markings which are tiny letters embossed on the strain reliefs and are very difficult to see. I've cured this by using 2 different colored foam tips of the red and black icluded.

The soundstage seems to have opened up considerably and instrument separation resolution and clarity remain superb IMO.

The treble seems to have become more sparkly and the elevated mid bass has lessened; they now seem even more balanced.

They are not very forgiving of low quality files and need to be fed 320kbps at least.

Been listening to them alot, and whether it's brain burn in or not, I don't care, I am very impressed!

I think a great benchmark for any new audio equipment is if it makes you want to relisten to all of your music again, which is what I am currently doing :grinning:

Nov 5, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #565 of 1,026
Any Banjo users out there?
It will be 15 dollars at 11.11. As I read somewhere, they are bassier than recent Tennmaks (like pro, piano, etc). Can anyone confirm it? Coming from Rock Zircon and Piston2, I loved them, but Zircons jack always breaks on me (no strain relief) and the Piston is getting worn.. :) Thanks!! 

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #566 of 1,026
  Any Banjo users out there?
It will be 15 dollars at 11.11. As I read somewhere, they are bassier than recent Tennmaks (like pro, piano, etc). Can anyone confirm it? Coming from Rock Zircon and Piston2, I loved them, but Zircons jack always breaks on me (no strain relief) and the Piston is getting worn.. :) Thanks!! 

The Banjo are bassier, subbass especially than the Pro. The Piano has equally great bass, but the Piano has more treble than the Banjo. The Banjo is a bit more balanced than the Zircon, but it is still V-shaped. Very good sound quality that Tennmak is known for.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #567 of 1,026
Aham, so bass quantity is equal on Piano and Banjo, but Piano is brighter? I prefer dark/warm sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back