Tempur Pedic Grado Pads...
May 11, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #16 of 18
How about making a headband cushion with the foam and covering it with some nice fabric like velour. Since the foam always springs back and is soft, it should make a nice cushion.

May 15, 2004 at 3:26 AM Post #17 of 18
Not to bring back a dead thread, but I never saw all of these responses.

As for pictures, I'm still "trying", (I've been lazy I'll admit,) but I am actually getting on that now.

Prune: The density of the foam that's sent in the free sample pack seems pretty low, maybe less than the matresses. It's really not bad for this rather odd application.

TeRrAPh0eNiX: Go for it, it's worth a try. Even if for nothing other than to say you have Tempur-Pedic headphone pads, because that, let me tell you, is fun.

Strohmie: Not too sure it's what you meant, but your post made me replicate (well, try to replicate) the slits around the hole that the flat pads have. Seems to have made a slight change for the better. Upper mids to highs are slightly clearer, and the muffled sound has lifted a little bit. The bass still needs EQing to sound acceptable, and I'd still like the muffle to leave entirely, but I'll sacrifice a few things for the comfort.

Was ist los?: That won't be neccesary, since not too long ago, I did actually pad the headband, using some fake fur I found in my basement. Kind of funny looking, but very comfortable. I figure that if I'm going to wear headphones that look a little bit odd anyway, I may as well just go for broke.

Jun 20, 2004 at 10:25 AM Post #18 of 18
Hey reeseboise, if I sent you a block of the Tempur sample, could you make the pads with it? I'm too worried that I'd botch something and screw up, as I'm really no good forming shapes out of soft things. If you could, send me a private message, because I don't trust myself doing anything when it comes to a one-of-a-kinder, they only allow one sample per household or something like that. I've already got the sample, but I still haven't done anything with it. If you can help, please give me signal.

~"Tron is the movie that Star Trek nerds think is dorky." I don't think so. Tron was rad. Star trek was for dorks, Tron was for the cool kids with memer's only jackets and addidas without laces~ -aml, aka Seeberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back