TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Jan 4, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #136 of 245
I've still heard nothing back from TempoTec regarding a faulty V6. Maybe the worst support I've yet come across. I'll send a last email to them and if I get no useful response I will have to recommend not to purchase the V6. A UK retailer contacted me to offer to help contact TempoTec but no recent response from them. It's very frustrating considering myself and Chris participated to set up this thread. If you do purchase the TempoTec V6 and get a fault, it seems you will have no valid warranty, or any recourse to get help. The fact that I was a Kickstarter backer leaves a sour taste.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #137 of 245
I have downloaded a pretty big playlist from Tidal (as I mainly use the V6 offline). It downloaded all music on the internal memory first and afterwards on the SD. I have the feeling that this will affect the performance of the device.

Anyone knows how to make sure the SD is used as the main source for downloads? Or does anyone have any other solution?
I am not sure if this will help, but I use this adapter to download music directly on to the micro SD card. If it does help, you might want to check on Amazon for it. It may have been superseded, as I bought it ages ago.

Edit: I forgot the attachment.

20230104_164905.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #138 of 245
Well sadly I have to say TempoTec V6 after care is beyond poor. I have an unusual problem with my V6. After using the headphone BAL 4.4mm output, when the Jack is removed the V6 does not reset and usually stays on BAL (still showing in the 'Notifications' bar). That means when I try to use the 3.5mm PO output there is no sound. Sooner or even later....can be a good few minutes, the BAL clears, so the Balanced works great, but the 3.5mm often does not work until the V6 decides to clear from BAL to 3,5mm PO and the little headphone symbol shows on the bar. It seems TempoTec are abdigating their after care responsibilities. I have a line of sent emails to TempoTec describing the issue. Barring one reply asking me to describe the issue....they are Shtum......nothing at all. As someone who was a kickstarter backer that, to me, is useless. £250 for something that does not do what it should. Be wary of TempoTec.

I had a very similar problem on a Hiby R6 2020, NP audio fixed it for me. If you don't get anywhere with Tempotec, its a plan B.

Jan 5, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #139 of 245
A couple of weeks in, and my opinion on the V6 has changed a bit.
It seems to have smoothed a bit with burn in and I'm enjoying it more.
I've experienced burn in on iems/headphones, but never really experienced burn in on a dap before.
It could be argued that it is brain burn in, but I'm not sure I would buy that, as I'm still using other devices as well, such as the lush R2R RS2.
20230106_112115.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #141 of 245
I’ve seen a few comments regarding lack of support. I have used the chat bot on their website and generally had a response via email in a day or two on multiple occasions. The support has been satisfactory in my experience

Jan 7, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #142 of 245
I’ve seen a few comments regarding lack of support. I have used the chat bot on their website and generally had a response via email in a day or two on multiple occasions. The support has been satisfactory in my experience

I have a lot of sent emails in my sent box that people I know are welcome to see. One reply early on then nada.....nothing. Absolutely factual. Their warranty is worthless as is the after care. I started off politely on this thread. but now my patience is declining. I have bought a LOT of Chi-Fi over the years, so I am shocked that TempoTec is not an honourable company. I may get help as a kind head-fier who I think is from Audio Concierge offered to help, so I'm waiting for them to get back in touch with me. Do not buy from TempoTec, buy the V6 from a retailer so you have a valid warranty and valid after care.

Jan 10, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #143 of 245
hmmm, my V6 has gone unresponsive.
Blue light on the side.
Long presses of different combinations of buttons does nothing.
Connected to my laptop it doesn't show up.

Have been listening fine this morning. Paused it when I left my desk, came back pressed the play button on the side.
Amazon music appeared to be playing, but no sound came out and didn't show the frequency at the top.
Nothing seemed to get sound to come out, so I decided to restart device and now it is unresponsive.

Edit: 1 hour on no change - looks like I might have to wait for the battery to die and hope to revive it afterwards

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #144 of 245
hmmm, my V6 has gone unresponsive.
Blue light on the side.
Long presses of different combinations of buttons does nothing.
Connected to my laptop it doesn't show up.

Have been listening fine this morning. Paused it when I left my desk, came back pressed the play button on the side.
Amazon music appeared to be playing, but no sound came out and didn't show the frequency at the top.
Nothing seemed to get sound to come out, so I decided to restart device and now it is unresponsive.

Edit: 1 hour on no change - looks like I might have to wait for the battery to die and hope to revive it afterwards
Finally responded to long press of power and next track and rebooted.

Jan 11, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #145 of 245
Finally responded to long press of power and next track and rebooted.
At first I had that same problem. Stuck on Blue Light and no screen, but like you I eventually did a long press reset. I can use mine, it is usable but I'll never be able to sell it because the headphone PO 3.5 doesn't engage most of the time and it stays on balanced. As you have probably seen TempoTec don't have any after care and the guarantee has no DeFacto worth. Hard to sue a Chinese company, so with TempoTec you will have to take the hit, sadly. Anyone who gets a V6 I hope you get it from a retailer, do NOT buy direct from TempoTec!!!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #147 of 245
It is really shame, such great device brilliantly priced with good performance and fantastic sound.

I basically say same as you mate @dharmasteve if anyone asks - do not get one unless you buy it from distributors.
I've deliberately tried not to put the 'boot' in to the device itself. When I can use it, the 3.5mm is exceptional. It's a lot of device for the money. I don't have the cash for expensive devices but I do have a functioning HiBy R5 and a great Shanling M3X, so I can still love my music sources. Most of us on Head-Fi are lucky and fortunate to have various sources to get our amazing joy from music. I am sad though, because I backed TempoTec on KickStarter, so I cannot understand how they do not try to come up with a solution to my problem.

Jan 11, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #148 of 245

Users who are viewing this thread

Back