Teen Head-Fiers Unite!
May 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #17 of 31
All I can think is, "these poor kids, they should get the heck out of here".

Haha, we've caught the disease too early! Soon our wallets will just shrivel up and die.

May 9, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #18 of 31
I'm 20 years old, so just a bit too old for this. But I started my quest for better listening with a Sennheiser HD 409 when I was 16. Been collecting and changing headphones since. Good luck with your search. I've met a few in your age group here in Melbourne when selling equipment who quoted headfi.

May 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #19 of 31
Haha I'm 18 and I've been in the whole "good audio" thing since I was maybe 12, never enjoyed bad sound, always looked for nicer headphones and earphones.... In fact I bought the HD558 and SE535s before even hearing about head-fi, just went by ear and trial and error :p Now I'm pretty deep in and any money I get is diverted into this black hole of a hobby :D

May 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #20 of 31
17 here. just finished high school last year and will be going to university this year.
i started to like this hobby when i was 15

May 12, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #22 of 31
17 am here for a few months......
love it here!!
currently am a little low on gears....
using a HD518, XBA-3, UE100, and a vintage philips studio monitor......
soon to change though!!!

May 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #23 of 31
Nice to see alot teen head fier here. Lets keep increasing the number!!! 
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #24 of 31
15 yr. old hea- fier here. Very much into the midrange gear. I started the hobby when I was 13. I only decided to join rather recently. From ue 600 to 700, rockit r50, Jvc fx500 etc. I am an iem guy hoping to meet some more people within the same age bracket with the same hobbies.

May 13, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #25 of 31
I'm 18. Getting ready to graduate and join the Work-force. I'm on Head-Fi everyday, I assist my classmates when they have questions about deal hunting.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 31
Lol. Never knew such thread existed. Anyways, I'm 15. I've spoiled myself. Damn this hobby. A 15yr old spending hundred of dollars on audio rig. At least I sell my unused gear and buy used gear. You guys should have seen the expression on the guys face when I was locally buying the AK100. He asked "are you a student?" with a very skeptical look. Lol. He didn't expect a teenager to come out and buy the AK100!

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #28 of 31
Lol. Never knew such thread existed. Anyways, I'm 15. I've spoiled myself. Damn this hobby. A 15yr old spending hundred of dollars on audio rig. At least I sell my unused gear and buy used gear. You guys should have seen the expression on the guys face when I was locally buying the AK100. He asked "are you a student?" with a very skeptical look. Lol. He didn't expect a teenager to come out and buy the AK100!

You're lucky that you can buy high end audio stuff locally. The closest high end headphone shop to my my house is 6 hrs away in Los Angeles.

Jun 27, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:
You're lucky that you can buy high end audio stuff locally. The closest high end headphone shop to my my house is 6 hrs away in Los Angeles.

Ooh. That's far. I can also buy and sell personally. I just arrange a time to meet with the buyer, and sell directly to the buyer. This is easier and safer than buying/selling through online sites. But I understand that this is possibly only because everyone lives in Seoul! But do visit Asia. I've been to HK and they had really good stores too. And Shanghai? They have lots and lots of audiophile shops and audiophile factories(according to my friend at least).

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

i also got the same look when i bought audio gear. the guy at the shop thought that i was surprised to see that im still an student lol. he thought i was around 24 years old with an teenager face
biggrin.gif
because teenage head fier is rare here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back