Teclast X30 : X-Series: New Model - Basic FLAC, MP3 Player, TF Card, Clean SQ.
Jul 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #46 of 93
Thanks that's it. I have the fiio e11 cable but he broke i think it was cheap quality. Is this one better than the fiio cable? http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=20&MenuID=020303

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #47 of 93
Thanks that's it. I have the fiio e11 cable but he broke i think it was cheap quality. Is this one better than the fiio cable? http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=20&MenuID=020303

I believe so. To my knowledge the Interconnect that came with the FiiO E11 used standard or OFC copper. However the Interconnect you linked to uses the higher grade Ohno-Continuous-Cast PC-OCC-A Linear Crystal Copper (made by Oyaide).

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #49 of 93
I've had a player which looked exactly like this one (only full silver) when my C+ was on RMA. However that was Emgeton brand, so it's probably just some Chinese OEM. Also it uses the same UI/OS as some other OEM players, like the Teac my gf had.

Honestly I've never seen a player that would be slower and more obnoxious to control. Also while it looks beautiful when new, it's too easy to rub the color off the buttons and control 'wheel'. The sound was okay I guess.

Edit oh yeah, mine took 7 hours (!!!) to charge even from mains charger, but it did easily last 30+ hours of playback. So that was nice.

2nd edit hey look HiSound is going to sell the same player under their brand as well...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629679/hisound-audio-to-release-new-dap-product-line-nova

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #51 of 93
Yeah, i'm liking it very much! I was in doubt between this one and a Cowon (don't know the model) that plays flac and stuff, but it was touch too, which is bad to pocket listening. So, i updated to the last firmware Flacvest, the same one you translated, and thank you by the way for that! I haven't noticed changes because i barely used it before the update. Oh, and about the mac, it was weird. When I connected via usb and was on the process of transferring something, the X30 suddenly disconnected the USB and the mac would go crazy, thinking it was transferring and all, so as i couldn't eject it. But on windows it works great, just like a pen drive. That's all of my feedback I think. Thanks!

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #52 of 93
Quote:
I've had a player which looked exactly like this one (only full silver) when my C+ was on RMA. However that was Emgeton brand, so it's probably just some Chinese OEM. Also it uses the same UI/OS as some other OEM players, like the Teac my gf had.

Honestly I've never seen a player that would be slower and more obnoxious to control. Also while it looks beautiful when new, it's too easy to rub the color off the buttons and control 'wheel'. The sound was okay I guess.

Edit oh yeah, mine took 7 hours (!!!) to charge even from mains charger, but it did easily last 30+ hours of playback. So that was nice.

2nd edit hey look HiSound is going to sell the same player under their brand as well...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/629679/hisound-audio-to-release-new-dap-product-line-nova

Probably with an additional output amp and perhaps a tweak to the FW. Jack said this version would be bassier sounding end of the scale where the x30 has been described as lighter weight in sig. I don't doubt the FW and platform before the upgraded output stage are quite similar.

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #54 of 93
FLACvest can you compare the X30 sound quality wise to the Sflo2? I was at least under the impression that the Sflo2 was Teclasts best sounding product released yet. I was quite impressed with the sound, however the reliability of the units was just atrocious. Plus simply put the Hifiman 601 sounded better to my ears and the Studio V and Studio V 3rd ANV simply crushes the Sflo2, sound quality-wise IMO.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:45 AM Post #55 of 93
Quote:
Glad you got it sorted. What version of the firmware do you have, by the way??

I agree this would be a nice player to have rockboxed. It has a nice, clean SQ as i've mentioned. It's somewhat funny that HiSound is getting so much novelty off of a product which they don't seem to have altered much. I would love to know what, IF, Any, improvements have been made to the Nova version of this device...

Hello FLACvest,
I would to know in term of sound stage & separation (both vocal and instrument), which is more superior, Sansa Fuze or Teclast X30?

Can you also tell us what is the major different in term of sound quality between X30 & the new X30SE?

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #56 of 93
I am also interested in the answer of this question
popcorn.gif

Dec 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #57 of 93
Jan 2, 2013 at 7:07 AM Post #59 of 93
Just ordered a X30 as well, might get s X30SE as well as long as it isn't too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back