Teclast T51
Apr 7, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,396 of 1,468
Quote:
Really impressive, the result is promising
happy_face1.gif

Do you accept Paypal ?

I have a profile Paypal, but to get the money in Russia I have to pay the commission of the broker. I prefer payment through Visa, but if you insist on Paypal - I'm ready.
Quote:
i think he've ment that this is pure madness ))  he don't know what russian audiophiles can do to extract Warm Lamp Sound from their sources. i saw every single player was modded last 3 years (sometimes 2 or 3 modification to one DAP) in russian forums.

biggrin.gif
[b], seelt103[/b] send one player to modify, and one player for repair. Probably it will be the first foreigner to rate my mod.

Apr 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,400 of 1,468
It was a joke about warm tube sound ) Joke referring to same named article at Lurkmore.
In stock teclast sounds a bit dead from headphone output. Too flat and too bright. And all vocalists sounds like they have mouth similar to Jabba the Hutt's one.
But things changing when you listening it from line out properly amped. Suddenly you realize differences between really good DAC from Wolfson and good codec from same company (tec vs ipod video 5/5.5 gen).
Anyway, you did it right Burnway if your mod can sound on par with premium Alexmod.
What is the lifetime with pair of new batteries after mod?

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,401 of 1,468

Quote:
It was a joke about warm tube sound ) Joke referring to same named article at Lurkmore.
In stock teclast sounds a bit dead from headphone output. Too flat and too bright. And all vocalists sounds like they have mouth similar to Jabba the Hutt's one.

Indeed many among the Russian fans of the warm tube sound, and the article on lurkmore awesome
biggrin.gif
Headphones amp even stock teklast really the sound quality on the level below the line out.

Quote:
But things changing when you listening it from line out properly amped. Suddenly you realize differences between really good DAC from Wolfson and good codec from same company (tec vs ipod video 5/5.5 gen).

it is, and we must remember that in the stock teklast linear output realized no better.

Quote:
Anyway, you did it right Burnway if your mod can sound on par with premium Alexmod.

It is, 3 reviews player.ru confirm this. AlexmodPremium owner said that if there was 2 years ago, my modification, it would not have bought aleksmod.
Quote:
What is the lifetime with pair of new batteries after mod?

6 hours

Apr 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #1,403 of 1,468
Quote:

Indeed many among the Russian fans of the warm tube sound, and the article on lurkmore awesome
biggrin.gif
Headphones amp even stock teklast really the sound quality on the level below the line out.

it is, and we must remember that in the stock teklast linear output realized no better.

It is, 3 reviews player.ru confirm this. AlexmodPremium owner said that if there was 2 years ago, my modification, it would not have bought aleksmod.
6 hours

Hey burnway do you have access to any teclast models where you could do this mod to and sell the unit to me? Let me know if this is possible and how much it would cost. I may be interested :).

Apr 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #1,404 of 1,468
Quote:
Hey burnway do you have access to any teclast models where you could do this mod to and sell the unit to me? Let me know if this is possible and how much it would cost. I may be interested :).

Unfortunately I have not got the free teklastov for sale, but after a few days I will release a modification for Colorfly CK4 \ CK4 +. These players can easily buy new ones, around $ 150. The sound will not be worse teklast, will also be installed a new higher capacity battery.

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #1,405 of 1,468
Unfortunately I have not got the free teklastov for sale, but after a few days I will release a modification for Colorfly CK4 \ CK4 +. These players can easily buy new ones, around $ 150. The sound will not be worse teklast, will also be installed a new higher capacity battery.

I would be interested in buying just a CK4+ higher capacity battery. Where do you get them from?

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #1,407 of 1,468
I would be interested in buying just a CK4+ higher capacity battery. Where do you get them from?

I spent a lot of time looking for them and will not disclose details. I can only say that the capacity is more than 50%. By the way, the sound SK4 with the modification will be better than your "sandwich." This will be the first to review for modification teklasta from two members of the forum.

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #1,409 of 1,468
I spent a lot of time looking for them and will not disclose details. I can only say that the capacity is more than 50%. By the way, the sound SK4 with the modification will be better than your "sandwich." This will be the first to review for modification teklasta from two members of the forum.

Battery: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.106.HTsuKD&id=14897246982

Mod Kit: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10485659145

Wasn't very hard to find.

Apr 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #1,410 of 1,468
Quote:
Battery: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.0.106.HTsuKD&id=14897246982

Mod Kit: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10485659145

Wasn't very hard to find.

from taobao is not so easy to buy, I found the battery in another store. What about "mod lit" - is complete b*ll*h*t, and no modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back