Teclast T51
Jan 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #931 of 1,468
Many thanks, This is what I expected. I think some people receive a defective T51 and the blue screen have nothing to do with the sound quality !
Quote:
I have had this T51 since 1 month or more and it is the best sounding DAP i have had, the only thing I can say is that the "normal" setting is too loud and doesnt work well with the HD25, it present some harshness, but only with that headphone. I always use the User and eq to flat.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #932 of 1,468

Quote:
  I did a lot of searching and reading and found this other site- merimobile. I will let you know. The dilemma is I also "won" one of the Rocoo P's through Jack's auction, but I can get one around here for about the same price- I thought I was bidding on the Studio in my haste. So, I have to hope the T-51 is "real", and has the superior sound quality I have been reading about. But, hoping for the best, and I won't go by the screen color alone, I will have a look inside and listen for myself. Let my ears be the judge.
-GT

Would love to hear you impressions on the T51 and the Rocoo P. Keep us posted :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #933 of 1,468

Quote:
Many thanks, This is what I expected. I think some people receive a defective T51 and the blue screen have nothing to do with the sound quality !

Yeah I kinda figured this. Why make a fake Chinese player lol (that's an oxymoron if I've every heard one :wink: I've had 2 defective Sflo2s so I highly suspect its just defective units (that is why I am staying clear of these products).

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #934 of 1,468
Migou67, There is a big difference between a blue-screen and the brown screen.. 

The BlueScreen T51 is unacceptable bad sounding on Normal EQ preset. IT is ok on USER flat

The BrownScreen T51 sounds great whatever preset you chose.. 

I do agree, it is not a fale/defective case, it is entire revision issue... 

RMAA Teclast T51 Measures BlueScreen Model.

Update: Marian Marc X pro-audio card used instead of my crappy X-fi  

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #935 of 1,468
So let me get this right, there is a blue and brown screened t51, im assuming this is the colour of the default home screen?

And that the brown is the older better sounding one?

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #938 of 1,468

This is a bad news, for my brother I will look for a Rocoo and keep safe my "brown" T51 ! Thanks to be clear.
Quote:
Migou67, There is a big difference between a blue-screen and the brown screen.. 

The BlueScreen T51 is unacceptable bad sounding on Normal EQ preset. IT is ok on USER flat

The BrownScreen T51 sounds great whatever preset you chose.. 

I do agree, it is not a fale/defective case, it is entire revision issue... 

RMAA Teclast T51 Measures BlueScreen Model.

Update: Marian Marc X pro-audio card used instead of my crappy X-fi  

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #939 of 1,468

Then maybe you can also do a comparison between the Rocoo P and T51? That would be nice to hear. Looking forward to your impressions :wink:.
Quote:
This is a bad news, for my brother I will look for a Rocoo and keep safe my "brown" T51 ! Thanks to be clear.

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #940 of 1,468

Quote:
I find it ridiculous that the focus is on the color of the screen rather than the quality of the sound, as if its the screen that dictates the SQ.
confused.gif

It was shown in the previous pages of this thread that blue screens t51s have bad sound. Obviously if the t51 had blue screen, i wont want to take the risk -.-

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #941 of 1,468
Does anyone know if ALL the T51's being shipped in the recent past- like the last few months (from what I gather) are the "bad sound" blue thingy ones? Or has someone gotten the unrevised version lately?
  My only hope is the site I ordered it from is based in Canada, so I may be able to get faster and better customer service. Then go for the Cowan or Rocoo.  as I said, for me, it is purely about sound quality. I will be using it little, if at all, as a portable DAP.
-GT

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #942 of 1,468

The T51 and the 601 were able to read my 64GB after formatting them to FAT32. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #944 of 1,468
Nice find. I heard rumors it could work with the 601. Only problem is with the hefty price tag. Hopefully this baby will drop to the $60.00 range eventually. The 32GB cards are in the $30.00 range now. I bet these cards cost a few dollars at most to make so it's a big rip off when you think of the price tags on them. But of course not having to switch out cards is very nice.

Quote:

The T51 and the 601 were able to read my 64GB after formatting them to FAT32. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #945 of 1,468

Quote:
Nice find. I heard rumors it could work with the 601. Only problem is with the hefty price tag. Hopefully this baby will drop to the $60.00 range eventually. The 32GB cards are in the $30.00 range now. I bet these cards cost a few dollars at most to make so it's a big rip off when you think of the price tags on them. But of course not having to switch out cards is very nice.

I agree, but I could not hold myself, and it would not format to FAT32 easily, windows would only let me format it to NTFS or exfat, so I had to get a free tool that was so simple and effective but some how elusive. I just got my LX, just need to get it tested with the O2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back