Teclast T51
Dec 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #916 of 1,468

Quote:
Supposedly the T51 has more bass impact than the Rocoo P. Not sure about this now with the Rocoos new firmware though. But the Rocoo P has better mids, great treble extension with a neutral sound. This would also pair well with the IE80. Both the T51 and Rocoo P are great choices with the IE80 IMO, but since the Rocoo does mids better, I'd go for that as I feel the music is in the mids.

t51 has more bass impact than rocoo P? you kidding me, right?

i've auditioned t51. it almost has no low bass at all

Dec 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #917 of 1,468

Quote:
t51 has more bass impact than rocoo P? you kidding me, right?

i've auditioned t51. it almost has no low bass at all

Well this is a comment from ClieOS, unless his unit is different from the Rocoo P. He has the older version and maybe that is why his impressions are different.

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #918 of 1,468
Thanks Lee, I will wait little more because the StudioV looks more neutral in the sound signature and you can try it with the IE80!  I have already enough bass with the T51/IE80, the Rocoo is tuned for "modern music" and this mean more bass, maybe too much for me.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #919 of 1,468

Quote:
Uelover, I am intrigued, neutron really sounds better than others (Deadbeef,poweramp.........)somehow even equalizing with T51
confused_face_2.gif
, I can't imagine how Ibasso will sound...........................I want one.............

I personally don't like poweramp. Sony's default music player SQ is actually quite good. It is very detailed and it should be the choice of player if you are connecting the phone to an external amp. The Neutron, as good as it sounds, has a worse UI than T51. For the time being, I sacrifice SQ and use the stock music player for convenience sake. I rank it right behind Neutron =)

T51 is more warmish and fuller sounding nonetheless, satisfying the appetite of those looking for a musical player.

Yes, the iBasso DX100 is an interesting player but I am pretty sure it will lie outside my budget and could be quite bulky. Hopefully I will be able to get a job when I graduate and then I can get more of these things to try them out =)

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #920 of 1,468

Quote:
I personally don't like poweramp. Sony's default music player SQ is actually quite good. It is very detailed and it should be the choice of player if you are connecting the phone to an external amp. The Neutron, as good as it sounds, has a worse UI than T51. For the time being, I sacrifice SQ and use the stock music player for convenience sake. I rank it right behind Neutron =)

T51 is more warmish and fuller sounding nonetheless, satisfying the appetite of those looking for a musical player.

Yes, the iBasso DX100 is an interesting player but I am pretty sure it will lie outside my budget and could be quite bulky. Hopefully I will be able to get a job when I graduate and then I can get more of these things to try them out =)

I enjoyed the UI of DeadBeef the most, there is something unique about its UI, so much to do , not enough time.... 

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #921 of 1,468

Quote:

I enjoyed the UI of DeadBeef the most, there is something unique about its UI, so much to do , not enough time....

Omg you like that retro look.
darthsmile.gif

Haha for UI I like the Player Pro the best. I even paid for it. It doesn't play anything above mp3 format and the SQ is just so so. Nonetheless, it is a really pretty player to color up my day =)

Anyway, if you have time, try to compare flac and mp3 on the phone. I for one can't pick up any difference.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #922 of 1,468

Quote:
Thanks Lee, I will wait little more because the StudioV looks more neutral in the sound signature and you can try it with the IE80!  I have already enough bass with the T51/IE80, the Rocoo is tuned for "modern music" and this mean more bass, maybe too much for me.

I hear the Studio V has more pass impact than the Rocoo P which I don't mind at all. Its more neutral while at the same time being more full, with better imaging at least from the recent impressions on the other thread.

Jan 1, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #923 of 1,468
Hi all-
   I just ordered a T-51 from merimobiles.com, they seemed to have the best price shipped and I took heed of the warning of the other site. Has anyone ordered theirs from here- and if so, is it the "better" (or real, or whatever)- or the "bad sound" one?

When I receive it, what should I be looking for? Reading about the sound quality, it seemed like a good bet to take the risk and order it despite the possibly glitchy software and some QC issues. I will be using it 90% of the time as a music player plugged into my recently ordered Little Dot MkIII into my Rotel home theatre. So it won't be getting bounced around a lot. I may even construct some type of "base" to put it in and keep it hooked up to my home gear.

What are the things to look for in the "bad sound" version? Are these the ones with the blueish screen? Do they still have the Wolfson opamps? If its not right I want to send it back ASAP and look at possibly the Rocoo or something.

Thanks. Gary

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #926 of 1,468

I thought only ownta and houseofdap were selling the t51, unfortunately i bought the rocoo p already. Hopefully the sound will be also good for the rocoo p. Do keep us update on whether this shop sells blue screens t51s.
Quote:
Hi all-
   I just ordered a T-51 from merimobiles.com, they seemed to have the best price shipped and I took heed of the warning of the other site. Has anyone ordered theirs from here- and if so, is it the "better" (or real, or whatever)- or the "bad sound" one?

When I receive it, what should I be looking for? Reading about the sound quality, it seemed like a good bet to take the risk and order it despite the possibly glitchy software and some QC issues. I will be using it 90% of the time as a music player plugged into my recently ordered Little Dot MkIII into my Rotel home theatre. So it won't be getting bounced around a lot. I may even construct some type of "base" to put it in and keep it hooked up to my home gear.

What are the things to look for in the "bad sound" version? Are these the ones with the blueish screen? Do they still have the Wolfson opamps? If its not right I want to send it back ASAP and look at possibly the Rocoo or something.

Thanks. Gary

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #927 of 1,468

Quote:
I thought only ownta and houseofdap were selling the t51, unfortunately i bought the rocoo p already. Hopefully the sound will be good for the rocoo p. Do keep us update on whether this shop sells blue screens t51s.

I find it ridiculous that the focus is on the color of the screen rather than the quality of the sound, as if its the screen that dictates the SQ.
confused.gif

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #929 of 1,468

Quote:
Keep us informed about the sound quality on the "blue screen" T51 ! My brother is looking for buying one ...

I have had this T51 since 1 month or more and it is the best sounding DAP i have had, the only thing I can say is that the "normal" setting is too loud and doesnt work well with the HD25, it present some harshness, but only with that headphone. I always use the User and eq to flat.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #930 of 1,468

Quote:
I thought only ownta and houseofdap were selling the t51, unfortunately i bought the rocoo p already. Hopefully the sound will be also good for the rocoo p. Do keep us update on whether this shop sells blue screens t51s.

I did a lot of searching and reading and found this other site- merimobile. I will let you know. The dilemma is I also "won" one of the Rocoo P's through Jack's auction, but I can get one around here for about the same price- I thought I was bidding on the Studio in my haste. So, I have to hope the T-51 is "real", and has the superior sound quality I have been reading about. But, hoping for the best, and I won't go by the screen color alone, I will have a look inside and listen for myself. Let my ears be the judge.
-GT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back