Teclast T51
Oct 21, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #152 of 1,468
This has a better line-out than iMod? Now I've gotta get hold of one of these.... But, I wonder if I should wait until the supposedly improved version of the T51 (Nationite S.Flo2) comes out instead of jumping on the T51 immediately.

I get a sense that this marvelous DAP may become a serious threat to the HiFiMAN which also boasts a similar line-out except that it comes with only one DAC chip whereas the T51 is equipped with two separate dedicated DAC chips for each channel.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #154 of 1,468
I concur. However I lack the knowledge to make such assessments. Anyone care to make a serious comparison analysis?

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #155 of 1,468
The problem with making analysis of SQ based on opinion, or the breakdown of a study is that it still reveals bias. Though I would be happy to hear good reports of the T51, recent experience of another much-touted player has me in doubt about the objectivity of many threads like this.

If an objective individual could be found who has no bias towards or against either company, s/he would still need a fairly good outboard soundcard, or dedicated PCI driver board for an outboard interface, Balanced inputs, shielded cables, parts which will connect to an amp which are made of good quality and a good eye to make sure that the signal isn't clipping.

Then it is just down to recording, processing, posting and discussions. Listening tests shouldn't be ignored of course, but are much harder to manage. Then, hooking both up to amps and y-splits to test subjective loads is another story altogether.

I assume that the differences would be better sussed out by a professional reviewing company like goldenears.net than a board here simply because they have what is needed and carry out these sort of tests all the time. Their reviews are also based on sound science rather than just 'ooh la la'.

But, neither sound tests alone, nor personal anecdotal evidence is enough to suss out sound 'opinion'.

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #156 of 1,468
Another HK owner said the line-out is much much better than headphone jack. The overall performance is very good, but still lesser than Sony 1050 x series. Hopefully some will have more detailed reviews out soon.
This thread is not "shrill". But the other so call audiophile mp3 player thread is certainly very questionable - if Head-fi allows more threads like that one, the creditability of head-fi will be gone soon.

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #157 of 1,468
Hi Sasaki

Can you please plug in your esw9 in the hp-out and try out some songs. Can you notice any harshness or sibilance?

Since I put on the new firmware, which is still a mess, I started hearing harsh heights and sibilance with my esw9. Can you confirm?

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #158 of 1,468
I tried with ESW9 but I don't think this is sibilant. I still use v1.00.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Sasaki

Can you please plug in your esw9 in the hp-out and try out some songs. Can you notice any harshness or sibilance?

Since I put on the new firmware, which is still a mess, I started hearing harsh heights and sibilance with my esw9. Can you confirm?

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #159 of 1,468
Thanks for your reply
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know, when I got it first it was not there, but since I updated... So I think it is the firmware.

Could it be that I bricked my headphones, because I turned on the volume very loud once.

Oct 22, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #160 of 1,468
Where did you get the new firmware? What is the version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your reply
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know, when I got it first it was not there, but since I updated... So I think it is the firmware.

Could it be that I bricked my headphones, because I turned on the volume very loud once.

Oct 23, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #162 of 1,468
I am so glad my headphones are not broken and I am sory I should have posted the link for the download, but I went to sleep.

However, I tested the ESW9 with my laptop and the T51 thourougly with a lot of tracks. Yeah it came out that the T51 is very revealing. If it is a bad recording, you will hear it definitely with this player.

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #163 of 1,468
Is there someone who could tell me when the Nationite S:Flo2 is scheduled to come out? I've searched the net but without success. I would appreciate your input.

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #164 of 1,468
What I have read at the forum of mp4nation is that, they wait that a stable firmware comes out.

Another thing is that there is the possibility that in the S:Flo2 will be a greater battery.

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #165 of 1,468
Many thanks! With their recent firmware update, I hope that they are getting to their "stable" firmware version soon. And the idea of a greater battery life really appeals to me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back