Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Apr 15, 2024 at 4:00 PM Post #9,676 of 9,751
Apr 15, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #9,678 of 9,751
FFFFFFlashback to cassettes running low on batteries and koss type headphones destroying my ears walking to uni.. :darthsmile:
Panasonic.png
Panasonic1.png

This was mine every day in 1997. (When it came out), it was my companion to the University and back home.
With HC Techno, volume max sure...in tram so everyone could enjoy, too...hmm, right :)

But that wasn't the end of my listenings...my Uni was kind of...different.
I would continue to party in the classroom/studio with the max volume again on our tape recorder/aka kind of boombox/nah :)...
So my colleagues would know that I am there :wink:
It was my third year at Uni, and the year I decided to party a bit more rather than take exams :wink:

Apr 16, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #9,679 of 9,751

This was mine every day in 1997. (When it came out), it was my companion to the University and back home.
With HC Techno, volume max sure...in tram so everyone could enjoy, too...hmm, right :)

But that wasn't the end of my listenings...my Uni was kind of...different.
I would continue to party in the classroom/studio with the max volume again on our tape recorder/aka kind of boombox/nah :)...
So my colleagues would know that I am there :wink:
It was my third year at Uni, and the year I decided to party a bit more rather than take exams :wink:
Long life to walkman!
My life with them...

Attachments

• images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
  • images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
  • download-1.jpeg
    download-1.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 0
  • $_57.jpeg
    $_57.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 0
Apr 16, 2024 at 4:35 AM Post #9,680 of 9,751
Long life to walkman!
My life with them...
Minidisc was centre of my world about 2001-2005 or so till the Apple small players came out.

Some the Walkman are expensive collectors' items now..same with certain blank cassettes....I threw a ton of cassettes out 2020 as they would be 'worth nothing'...haha.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:54 AM Post #9,683 of 9,751
Damn, that's a nice collection..still got them, working? My Panasonic, unfortunately is not working :frowning2:
well then I gave them all to my wife, the only one that no longer works is the first version of the cassette Walkman while all the others work, the only one that was repaired was the CD player while the mini discs didn't work. never given any problems. However, they are all working now. the ones you see in the photo are not mine, I took them from the internet. The one I found best with was Toshiba because it had the possibility of listening to both cassettes and also the radio. The tuner was practically a cassette that was inserted inside the device and the sound was reproduced through the heads. device had to be If I remember correctly from 1981 the first device I bought the Sony I bought it in 1980 I was 16 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back