Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Jul 19, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,816 of 9,746

Jul 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #1,819 of 9,746
Jul 20, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #1,821 of 9,746

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #1,823 of 9,746
Jul 23, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #1,830 of 9,746
Hi Guys, Ive' been a member of head-fi for many years, but just discovering this sub forum... My techno style of choice, can be found on di.fm under " epic trance " basically - very fast... mostly instrumental / electronic( no vocals ) lot's of deep boom boom lows, and piercing highs are chararistic... My quest for good headphones for this type of music has been very disapointing in that a number of years back, I purchased a $ 100 set, upon recomendation of a friend - SOL's with the V8 sound engine...and love them.... what I love best about them is they can hit all the highs, and lows...and most importantly " Keep UP " being very fast and puching HARD...don't know how else to describe it....Anyway, I'm into my music, and don't mind spending up to $ 750 on the best of the best headphones that can keep up....So I ordered 8 different pairs from Amazon to " Audition "....not unethical...any I'd like I'd keep...Grado's Ultrazones, HI-Fi Mans, Sens etc....along with a couple of good tube and electronic amps....I wanted to fall in love with some combination of these higher priced phones and amps...I really did...but some could hit the lows ( Ultrazones) some could hit the highs ( Grados )....but none as deep and high and especially - as fast and punchy as my $ 100 SOLs....I was extreemely suprised and disapointed....I sent them all back....So I guess my question to all of you, is do you know of or can you reccomend any fast punchy headphones that can meet this criteria, up to $ 750 - sorry no $3K Audiezes...maybe any portable or desktop amps, and bookshelf speakers or any other equipment you just love....I gotz money - I just don't want to get burned again......Thanks Boys !!!! ( and girls )...Dodgercat...Will be a constant new fan of this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back