Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Feb 15, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #1,141 of 9,806
You guys just post music here, nobody wants to talk about the music? I would benefit from discussion, personally, kind of like what the metal guys do when they interact with the music.

There are discussions from time to time. It's mostly just about sharing music though and there isn't always a lot to say about it! It's kind of a given than most people on this board are pretty au fait with electronic sub genres already I think. Feel free to talk about stuff though - I'm sure others will chip in. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #1,142 of 9,806

Meant to reply to this earlier - sorry for delayed response! I had the same issue, and you're right; it is a geo-restriction, applied either by YT themselves or the content rights holder - I tested it by routing the request through a US proxy server and the video played fine. So VPN is the simple workaround. There are some really good VPN services out there for not much $ at all.

Thanks! Good to know it was a geo-restriction and not some weird API change or plugin issue on my end. I was actually a tad confused because you'd usually see a "not available in your region" message, but in this case it was just "not available" or something along those lines, with no suggestion of a geographic issue. I actually do use a VPN - not really to get over restrictions per se, it's mainly because hotel/public wifi is a honeypot for all sorts of voyueristic evildoers - but I'm not on a perpetual/auto-renewing subscription. Usually buy a non-renewing week or month pass (yearly pass also available, but never bought it) for when I go traveling.

You guys just post music here, nobody wants to talk about the music? I would benefit from discussion, personally, kind of like what the metal guys do when they interact with the music.

Personally, I just treat everyone here like a dealer and simply use this thread to trip out :p
I'm open to any sort of discussion as long as it's about the music and not equipment (there are other threads for that) or dancefloor politics, but I'm not the type that initiates. If you chaps start something, I'll try to contribute. Whether I can add anything useful to a discussion is another matter though.

Back to music. Currently doing the Romanian thing;

Feature & download - https://www.xlr8r.com/podcasts/2017/02/podcast-477-priku/

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #1,147 of 9,806
Modern Mineralogy by Dissolved

Feb 19, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #1,153 of 9,806
@xylin6 Always loved Timber. I remember a few years back, seeing Hexstatic play a gig on a boat in the middle of the Thames - awesome visuals as you might expect! For my money, Rewind is their masterpiece, though the recent(ish) Scan Me EP had a little of the old magic I think:

Hexstatic - Scan Me EP (Free Download)

Another Ninja Tune fave is Amon Tobin. Before the thing was shut down due to biblical overcrowding, I got to see his ISAM set at the ill-fated Bloc Festival in 2012. No-one does 'big sound' quite like Amon.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #1,155 of 9,806

https://dalmatadaniel.bandcamp.com/album/zzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back