Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Jun 17, 2023 at 8:28 PM Post #8,463 of 9,972

Jun 18, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #8,468 of 9,972
'Lo there, long time no c :)

👊

Long time indeed mate, hope you're keeping well. Always good to hear this again too - never gets old. RIP Merck. It was a great label.

Now that you responded I want to add to the like of this fresh banger. At listening the whole album actually stood the test of time so prevalent in electronic music quite well.

The other mammoth​

Same soft spot for Mr. Projectile's album​

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #8,469 of 9,972
👊

Now that you responded I want to add to the like of this fresh banger. At listening the whole album actually stood the test of time so prevalent in electronic music quite well.

The other mammoth​

Same soft spot for Mr. Projectile's album​

Good shout, the Mr Projectile is a bit of a banger as well - my fave off that album was always:

Summer chill :sunglasses: There was a lot of really good downtempo electronica in the early 00s, thinking of what Telefon Tel Aviv, Lusine, Yimino etc were doing around that time.

I know we've had a fair bit of appreciation for Merck on this thread over the years and stuff like Adam Johnson's Chigliak and Secede's Bye Bye Gridlock Traffic have definitely been posted before, but here're a couple of (maybe) deeper cuts that I've always dug:

Proem - Socially Inept

Kettel & Secede - Perspeeks EP

Deceptikon - Lost Subject​

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #8,472 of 9,972
Yeah, same. First part of 2023 was real rough for me on a personal level, but like you say, gotta move on...

It’s these times where I realize how deeply connected I am to my music. Being able to enter a different world when the need arises.

Very thankful I discovered hifi headphones (which was not that long ago).

Jun 19, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #8,474 of 9,972
Btw what headphones are you mainly listening to Techno/Electro on?
3 people in the thread have Monoprice M565C..cheap as chips and just need a pad roll to release a dense vivid and balanced sound. They are like an everyday throwaround can vs the more refined audiophile stuff.
Beyond that to mid-fi/summit-fi others could comment.

Jun 19, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #8,475 of 9,972
Btw what headphones are you mainly listening to Techno/Electro on?

Sony MDR-Z1R, paired with Hugo 2. It's my favourite combo for electronic music. I've been through many headphones over the years; it's why I first joined Head-Fi, when I was still on that quest. This is my personal endgame setup, so I don't really go on any other threads any more, but I stuck around this place for the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back