Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Aug 9, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #5,371 of 9,800
@DecentLevi what is the hardware synth name ?
The one I'm using is called Peak from Novation; the "module" version which has to be connected to an external hardware MIDI keyboard or computer which I find to actually be advantageous since it encourages creativity with the advanced extras of the ext. keyboard such as sequencing, scale and arpeggiation. The Peak does not have better fidelity than any softsynth like the one you can find in most DAW's due to it relying on DSP vs. analog oscillation but if you're creative you can get some pretty cool sounds out of it. My songs heavily revolve around samples of manipulated found-sound and custom routed VST (DSP) plugins so the synth was only part of the sound, and what you did hear from the synth was controlled via an unorthodox sequence on the attached MIDI keyboard, then audio imported to PC and chopped up into "loops", which are the heart of all EDM and/or rhythmic electronic music.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #5,374 of 9,800
@Lohb Dither is digging deep into the barrel of glitch. Me likey.. but how does that artist have 8 monthly listeners on spotify?!? I guess it is older and they're not too active now. My response digging further into obscurity:

Aug 14, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #5,383 of 9,800

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #5,384 of 9,800

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back