Techno DJ's
Nov 21, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #16 of 68
Hahaha I'm shocked you like Skrillex and hate Deadmau5.  Most people hate both for the same reasons.  Whatever.  I think Deadmau5 is great.  There is no best for me so here's just a general list

Deadmau5
Boys Noize
Van She Technologic
The Japanese Popstars
Big Hair
Calvin Harris
Daft Punk
D.I.M.
Shinichi Osawa
Beni
Gildas and Masaya
Popular Computer
Simian Mobile Disco
Jerry Bouthier

OK so I love electro-house.

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #17 of 68
Daft punk is highly over-rated. they have couple good songs but they are by far the worst house/electro producers. i have no idea how they became so popular. it must be because of their fancy helmets or something. i don't like Skrillex much either. i like couple songs and few remixes but that's bout it.

also let people know just as heads-up, daft punk and skrillex are not techno....techno is completely genre itself from electronic music. like different versions of rock or other forms of music,electronic music has massive amounts of genres and sub-genres of the type of music.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 68
Over rated a little. However, I put them on my list because Discovery (Interstella 5555 to be exact) is what got me into electronic music. Not to mention, they are seen as grandfathers to the modern house scene.

Oh, and adding Kill the Noise to my list. His new EP, Kill Kill Kill, is ****ing amazing.

Nov 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 68
If you're talking about just general EDM;

Klaypex (dub/house)
Kaskade
some of Deadmau5's songs maybe.. far from the best though.
DJ Splash
Grand Staff

Klaypex > Skrillex all day errday IMO.

Still trying to find more.. I hate Skrillex :).

Klaypex:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSNbBZRTW34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-we2ZElJ9w4
http://www.youtube.com/user/Klaypex#p/c/497F341F593D5A6A/6/7zuAOomfiCc
http://www.youtube.com/user/Klaypex#p/c/497F341F593D5A6A/4/j8cy-8oZmdo
http://www.youtube.com/user/Klaypex#p/c/497F341F593D5A6A/0/r0a-o16i_Gw

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #20 of 68
Best/favourite composers, in no particular order:

Fedde Le Grand
Avicii
AVB
PVD
ATB
Infected Mushroom
Afrojack

Best Performances/Sets/Shows

1.Daft Punk
2.Deadmau5

Most talented DJ/Performers, No particular order:

Q-Bert
Deadmau5
Shiftee
Daft Punk
Craze
Laidback Luke

Nov 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #21 of 68

Quote:
Most talented DJ/Performers, No particular order:

Q-Bert
Deadmau5
Shiftee
Daft Punk
Craze
Laidback Luke

Where's A-Trak?
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #24 of 68
Yep, great production, good artist. Just listening to Midnight City remix and  Fever ray - Knife comes to my mind as good band, not house just good ol' electro.

Nov 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #26 of 68
BT would like to have a word with you. 

Quote:
Avicii is by far and away the best EDM producer in the world right now.

Also, there are so many things wrong with this thread I don't even know where to start. (But I'll try and find a starting point)

Well, I'd start by saying wrong forum. :p

I would also like to thank someone for mentioning Danger as that man is brilliant. 

Oh, and starting a thread by saying no fighting and then saying some ignorant **** about someone you don't like isn't a great plan.

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #27 of 68
loltechno

None of those are techno producers nor DJs(Deadmau5 and Skrillex are not DJs)

EDM has been at a recent low. Look at house and electro/electro house.......terrible

It's sad that trance is about to follow the same trend soon.

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 68
Trance has been there for a long time, IMO. 

The real innovation is coming in the IDM territory (again, IMO)

Quote:
loltechno

EDM has been at a recent low. Look at house and electro/electro house.......terrible

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #29 of 68

Quote:
loltechno

All three things you just said are completely correct. I was thinking about my next pair of headphones and was like wait, I'm going to spend all this money on an amp and dac, just for most of the music I'll try to listen to will be trash. These last 5-7 years have been the worst for EDM, there are the odd artists who make great stuff, but overall we are in a downward spiral, hopefully 'dubstep' is just a fad, and producers can get back to making quality stuff again.

Oh yea and by the way if you want to hear what dubstep is actually supposed to sound like, try out Scuba, Ital Tek, or maybe even Eskmo.

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #30 of 68
You didn't mention Burial? For shame...

Quote:
All three things you just said are completely correct. I was thinking about my next pair of headphones and was like wait, I'm going to spend all this money on an amp and dac, just for most of the music I'll try to listen to will be trash. These last 5-7 years have been the worst for EDM, there are the odd artists who make great stuff, but overall we are in a downward spiral, hopefully 'dubstep' is just a fad, and producers can get back to making quality stuff again.

Oh yea and by the way if you want to hear what dubstep is actually supposed to sound like, try out Scuba, Ital Tek, or maybe even Eskmo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back