Techno DJ's
Nov 20, 2011 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

TechnoNerdXD

New Head-Fier
In your opinion, Whos the best techno DJ alive? Give me your opinions, and please, no fighting. Thanks! Oh BTW My all time favorite has too be Daft Punk. Then second Skrillex. Deadmau5 is **** don't even mention him. Ok! Comment away!!!!

Nov 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 68
For me its Oakenfold by a longshot.

Sasha, Arman Van Buren, Tiesto are all up there too.  I also really enjoy Richard Humpty Vission, lays down some awesome mixes.  Skrillex? Pushing play on a MacBook isn't DJ'ing.  

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 68

Quote:
In your opinion, Whos the best techno DJ alive? Give me your opinions, and please, no fighting. Thanks! Oh BTW My all time favorite has too be Daft Punk. Then second Skrillex. Deadmau5 is **** don't even mention him. Ok! Comment away!!!!

Ok, yea first off "Techno DJ" isn't really the right term, but for now lets call them "Electronic/EDM Artists". So the fact that you said deadmau5 is crap, makes me really happy 
bigsmile_face.gif
. So here are my top 10 favorite electronic artists, in order:

1.  Daft Punk - (Thomas Bangalter / Guy Manuel de Homem Christo / Together / Stardust / Crydajam / Darlin' / Le Knight Club)
2.  Danger
3.  Boys Noize
4.  Ratatat
5.  Mux Mool
6.  Justice
7.  The Glitch Mob - (edIT)
8.  SebastiAn
9.  Just a Band - (Tom Deluxx)
10. Surkin

The bracketed artists are artists/bands that share members from those. 
Now Skrillex is quite good, my name is skrillex ep was fantastic, the reason that I like him is because his production skills are actually amazing. Sure there are people who call it noise, but he is actually very talented. 

Here are my top 10 favorite songs, in order:
1. Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Alive 2007)
2. Danger - 88:88
3. Boys Noize - Jeffer
4. Boys Noize & Erol Alkan - Avalanche
5. Dj Mehdi - Signatune
6. Ratatat - Shempi
7. Justice - Waters of Nazareth
8. Just a Band - In Anima Villi
9. Mux Mool - Get Better John
10. Foreign Beggars - Still Gettin' It (Feat. Skrillex)

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #7 of 68

Quote:
 ​
5. Dj Mehdi - Signatune

RIP D:

If we go into artists? 

Daft Punk
BT
Kaskade
Skrillex (-queue dubstep elitists- The dude innovates. End of discussion)
Celldweller (some of his stuff is very much electronic)
Danny Byrd
Netsky
DJ Fresh
Pendulum
Aphex Twin

No particular order.

Nov 20, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #8 of 68

Quote:
RIP D:

If we go into artists? 

Daft Punk
BT
Kaskade
Skrillex (-queue dubstep elitists- The dude innovates. End of discussion)
Celldwller (some of his stuff is very much electronic)
Danny Byrd
Netsky
DJ Fresh
Pendulum
Aphex Twin

No particular order.

Yea, I heard some of celldweller's stuff It was good. Yea skrillex is actually in my top 10 instead of Mux Mool, I didn't post it because his newer stuff, such as ruffneck, voltage, just his newer songs in general are getting a bit generic, and not as good. Kill Everybody, Rock N' Roll, & My Name is Skrillex. Are outstanding he is a very talented artist no question. But honestly Danger is so amazing its crazy listen to 09:19 and 88:88 his production in my opinion is world class, easily one of the most talented artists ever, better than Skrillex and getting dangerously close to being even better than Daft Punk. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #11 of 68

Quote:
Avicii is by far and away the best EDM producer in the world right now.

Avicii is alright, but there is no way to call him the best. But I would like to hear you're opinion on why you think he is the best.

Nov 20, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #12 of 68
I still like most  skrillex tracks but they are all starting to sound the same.

Ive seen Dieselboy destroy venues a few times. Ive actually seen alot of lesser known DJs blow some places up before the headliner even showed up. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #15 of 68
Zomboy does Skrillex better than Skrillex :)

Quote:
I still like most  skrillex tracks but they are all starting to sound the same.

Ive seen Dieselboy destroy venues a few times. Ive actually seen alot of lesser known DJs blow some places up before the headliner even showed up. 

They've always been a sampling group.  Like Fatboy Slim, they make a lot of good music that mixes well into, however, never really liked them.  I really do like the Alive performances though.

Quote:
And your opinion on Daft Punk my good sir?

After thinking some more some other good electronica DJ's I've liked have been Dieselboy, Seb Fontaine, Noisia, and anyone ever heard of MARS and Mystre?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back