Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Nov 15, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #197 of 219
Just got these and after a first listening session, I find the sound is matching the descriptions but they leak sound even when I close the eartip holes with my fingers. My Etymotics ER2XR don't leak at all. Anyone knows any isolating sponge eartips similar to Etys which can fit on the Technics? Those on ER2XR give me perfect seal but they don't fit Technics.

Attachments

• IMG20231115132935.jpg
    IMG20231115132935.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Nov 15, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #198 of 219
Just got these and after a first listening session, I find the sound is matching the descriptions but they leak sound even when I close the eartip holes with my fingers. My Etymotics ER2XR don't leak at all. Anyone knows any isolating sponge eartips similar to Etys which can fit on the Technics? Those on ER2XR give me perfect seal but they don't fit Technics.

I use Symbio F which I find very comfortable and nothing detrimental to sound. I’ll have to check on sound leak but I think well contained.

Nov 17, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #201 of 219
I measured a stock eartip and It's about 6mm opening for the nozzle. Symbio F fits well on the Technics? It's opening width is 6mm? Also sound remains the same or gets altered a bit?

Yes fits perfectly. I don’t typically find Symbio F to alter sound the way some foam do, maybe a touch of boost to sub and pull back on treble a teeny bit - not noticeable to my ears anyway.

IMG_7369.jpeg

Nov 18, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #202 of 219
For now I settle with medium oval stock eartips. They get me the best seal, defined bass and the most detailed sound. In comparison, with large and extra large ones sound gets more spreaded as drivers get further away from the ear canal. None of stock tips are isolating but at least I found the ideal ones for best sound quality. I'll probably try more isolating eartips in the future. I don't know about daps but TZ700 play so good with Chord mojo 2 through android phone! With mojo 2's DSP EQ I can adjust sound although not too often needed as they have very good tonality. Extremely satisfied!

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #203 of 219
Yes fits perfectly. I don’t typically find Symbio F to alter sound the way some foam do, maybe a touch of boost to sub and pull back on treble a teeny bit - not noticeable to my ears anyway.

A small departure from my earbuds orientation...
I've fitted them ( thanks Andricop:relaxed: ) and the Symbio hold up well for outdoor use.
IMG_0502.jpeg

Dec 20, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #204 of 219
After having the IE900 alongside the TZ700 for a week I've concluded that they are complementary. I find the IE900 to have superior resolution and imaging, while the Technics have a more natural timbre and a smoother tuning that works better across more genres and poorer recordings. The IE900 made me analyze music while the TZ700 made me dance. Both have impactful bass and are among the most comfortable iems I've worn. I'll take the Isabellae over both for vocal-centric music. I love that the technics can be used around the ear or straight down and have been easier to get a proper seal with all sorts of tips. currently settled on the divinus velvets. Now to fight the urge to buy the much-hyped Singularity.
Could you tell me if the difference in bass is noticeable? Between the IE900 and the TZ700. I own the former and i am a bit interested in the latter.
Thank you!

Dec 20, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #205 of 219
Could you tell me if the difference in bass is noticeable? Between the IE900 and the TZ700. I own the former and i am a bit interested in the latter.
Thank you!
unfortunately I don't have the IE900 on hand right now but I will be meeting up with my friend tomorrow that owns them so I can do a quick back and forth. based off of my shaky memory the TZ700 has slightly more bass presence overall and the tuning allows it to be more highlighted in the signature compared to the IE900 with it's more elevated treble. Technics have more thump than the better textured IE900. maybe our resident single DD expert @Scuba Devils can weigh in, I believe he has both

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #206 of 219
unfortunately I don't have the IE900 on hand right now but I will be meeting up with my friend tomorrow that owns them so I can do a quick back and forth. based off of my shaky memory the TZ700 has slightly more bass presence overall and the tuning allows it to be more highlighted in the signature compared to the IE900 with it's more elevated treble. Technics have more thump than the better textured IE900. maybe our resident single DD expert @Scuba Devils can weigh in, I believe he has both

I’ll a/b over the next day or so and report back but I think you are spot on in how you’ve described… TZ700 has slightly more quantity, IE900 better quality in terms of texture and speed. IE900 overall a more lively and coloured signature, TZ700 leans more reference. Definitely complementary sets.

Dec 28, 2023 at 3:40 AM Post #208 of 219
Within my search I found

Shure EAYLF1​

Similar to Etymotic foams but not sure if they fit Technics.. Probably not.. I like their snape.
I'm curious if you picked these up? Like you I love the Ety foams and have used them for probably 20+ years with various Etys. I've been thinking about picking up a pair of TZ700 and if so would try both the Symbio F's and also these EAYLF1... if they fit! They do really look a lot like the Ety foams. (Actually with that yellow color they look like the absolutely massive Ety large size foams, which I bought, tried and never used again lol.)

I used the SednaEarfit Max with the TZ700 yesterday and was able to get a great and comfortable fit. Just not quite as isolating as a good foam would be of course. I'd love to get Ety-level isolation with the TZ700 but I think that won't be happening... :)

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #209 of 219
Has anyone compared TZ 700 with VE EXT?

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:53 AM Post #210 of 219
1000076405-02.jpeg

Adding a splash of colours to a boring Monday.

Got into the TZ700 club a bit late. Thanks to @Scuba Devils for answering my relentless barrage of questions before purchasing it. Head-fi classifieds helped me big time.

Initially, I was not exactly blown away by it, but man, did it grow on me! That massive subbass, that immaculate mid and treble details, that deep stage - just beautiful. Also found out it needs a bit more power compared to the other IEMs I have to sound proper. Although the Hiby R3 II here drives it just fine, on high gain.

This has a very unique sound signature, and I frankly find it very enjoyable to keep it in my rotation permanently.

Hiby R3 II > Headgear Audio Athena II Silver > Technics EAH-TZ700 > JVC Spiral Dots++

Users who are viewing this thread

Back