[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Sep 29, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #437 of 677

I'd love to see the impedance curve of the ei.xx because it might make this statement even more humorous. If the impedance slopes downwards in the treble then your statement will be objectively wrong.

The Linum BAX cable has an impedance of 1.5Ω due to how thin it is. This is a negative and multi-balanced armature IEMs have wild impedance swings. The JH Audio Angie is under 5Ω beyond 6Khz. This means that high output impedance will greatly affect the frequency response of the IEM. In the case of the JH Audio Angie, with the impedance curve sloping downwards in the treble, you'll see the treble frequency response reduced as output impedance increases.

The difference in frequency response between the ER-4P and ER-4S is solely because of the 75Ω resistor in the adapter. You can see that with the ER-4P the impedance slopes upwards which is why adding resistance increases treble. With the UERM you can see the impedance slopes downwards in the treble. With a 100Ω resistor you can see how the treble is greatly reduced. So with balanced armature IEMs you want a low output impedance to avoid the frequency response being affected. If a headphone/IEM has a flat impedance curve then frequency response will not change as a result of output impedance.

The resistance of a cable is dependent upon it's area. Pretty much all cables have a negligible resistance because that cross-sectional area is high but as the Linum cables are so thin their resistance is higher. So that is why Linum cables are technically worse than standard cables as their impedance affects frequency response. Now the affect it has is very marginal and I certainly recommend Linum cables because they are thin, almost invisible and have low microphonics. I prefer the older BAX cables that don't have the tangleless feature as that "feature" means that when the cable is slack it starts coiling itself. All Music/Vocal cables have that tangleless feature.

Ei.xx get's bassier with higher impedance, that's why it's important to use it with lowest impedance amp possible, otherwise sound quality is degrading.

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #438 of 677

Ei.xx get's bassier with higher impedance, that's why it's important to use it with lowest impedance amp possible, otherwise sound quality is degrading.

Hi @piotrus-g ,

do you think AK Jr could pair good with Ei.XX? I have seen one Jr in your FB pictures but I don't know if it is yours.
You can take time to answer this question, I am not in rowfor this drop. Not the time for me, but next ... 

Sep 29, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #439 of 677
  Hi @piotrus-g ,

do you think AK Jr could pair good with Ei.XX? I have seen one Jr in your FB pictures but I don't know if it is yours.
You can take time to answer this question, I am not in rowfor this drop. Not the time for me, but next ... 

Well I heard Jr sometime ago and only with Ei.3 so I cannot really answer your question, but I'm assuming it could be good pairing.

Sep 29, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #442 of 677
WoW only 18 Units are left, in almost 24 hours or so, glad that i got mine yesterday , imagine someone was away for two days and when he comes back its sold out O-o'' 

guess a lot of people are excited to get their Ei.xx :D 

Sep 29, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #444 of 677

'Flagship' is over-rated. It comes down to aligning your signature preferences with the correct IEM.

Based on impressions so far, if you like SE846 you will like Ei.xx

I second both comments in this quote.

IMO, if I had the SE846, I wouldn't go for the Ei.xx. They have similar presentations (from what I remember the SE846). I'd rather go for something different.
I have several different headphones and each one of them brings a different "flavor" to my musical experience. 

For what it seems to me based on your IEMs, you really like a big bass presence. This is really aligned with the Ei.xx proposal!
If you want a similar sound signature want to tread into the CIEM field, then by all means go ahead! 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #445 of 677
I have no idea why it didn't click my mind, even so it's right in front of my face and in pictures I took and I believe was even mentioned by Adam in his impressions, but I just realized that Right earpiece has "red" wires inside to distinguish L/R side even easier.  What a great attention to details!

Also, though I have only 2 other CIEMs (all from impressions made by the same audiologist), so far I find Ei.xx to have the most comfortable fitment without loosing a seal.  They literally disappear in my ears and I don't even feel them.

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #446 of 677
  I have no idea why it didn't click my mind, even so it's right in front of my face and in pictures I took and I believe was even mentioned by Adam in his impressions, but I just realized that Right earpiece has "red" wires inside to distinguish L/R side even easier.  What a great attention to details!

Also, though I have only 2 other CIEMs (all from impressions made by the same audiologist), so far I find Ei.xx to have the most comfortable fitment without loosing a seal.  They literally disappear in my ears and I don't even feel them.

So you can insert them Lube free LOL!!!!

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #447 of 677

So you can insert them Lube free LOL!!!!

You better believe it!

Wish I could say the same about ES60 I received yesterday :)  Almost ripped a skin off my inner year, ES60 uses acrylic body and silicone nozzle tip, and you suppose to insert it right in without twisting, and Westone even includes a tube of lube.  I went right in with a twist and... oh, the pain!!!  I'm not going to comment about the sound since this is Ei.xx thread (just will mention that ES60 sounds whole lot better than W60, and if I can have Ei.xx bass and ES60 mids - it would be my end game CIEM
wink.gif
).

Oct 1, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #448 of 677
Four units are left, people better hurry :D 

Oct 1, 2015 at 7:04 AM Post #450 of 677
@twister6
Nice review on these as always :)

I was almost going to pull the trigger, but stopped myself.
This was looking like the CIEM for me until you mentioned the focus on lower treble/upper mids.
This is something that really grates on me personally.

Really what I am looking for is a Noble Savant with a touch more bass.  The search continues haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back