TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
Mar 10, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #376 of 447
I hope someone sees this: I have great offer for TEAC P50 for about 180$ and ONKYO HA 300 for 320$, both cost around half the price they normally do.
My question is: is it good idea to buy HA300 if I only plan to use it as a DAC to iPhone or P50 would be enough and there wouldn't be much difference in quality between these two?

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #378 of 447
  still no new firmware :frowning2: 

Unfortunately "No New Firmware" I called Brian over at Teac Support Operations about two weeks ago and he couldn't tell me anything concerning whether or not the Teac Japan engineers were even working on a "Folder View" firmware update.  He told me to just keep check the download section to see if anything new showed up.

I believe we could have made this happen but we need an straight path to Teac engineers because we don't know if our request are getting forwarded to them or if we're just being blown off.  This player has such a small following so it's hard to get serious movement towards a common goal but it's still my favorite player even with the buggy UI.

Andre 

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #381 of 447
Unfortunately "No New Firmware" I called Brian over at Teac Support Operations about two weeks ago and he couldn't tell me anything concerning whether or not the Teac Japan engineers were even working on a "Folder View" firmware update.  He told me to just keep check the download section to see if anything new showed up.

I believe we could have made this happen but we need an straight path to Teac engineers because we don't know if our request are getting forwarded to them or if we're just being blown off.  This player has such a small following so it's hard to get serious movement towards a common goal but it's still my favorite player even with the buggy UI.

Andre 

yeah, that is going to be a tricky thing to get in touch directly with engineers !

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #382 of 447
We actually need a P90 owner who can read and understand the Japanese Teac web site and provide use with the correct email address to send our wishes/desires of a Folder View and other improvements to in hopes of getting around Teac America.   Just maybe they would listen but we will never know if we don't try.

It feels like Teac has given up on improving their Player and just want to leave it out there as is and hope it sales.

Andre

Mar 25, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #383 of 447
  We actually need a P90 owner who can read and understand the Japanese Teac web site and provide use with the correct email address to send our wishes/desires of a Folder View and other improvements to in hopes of getting around Teac America.   Just maybe they would listen but we will never know if we don't try.

It feels like Teac has given up on improving their Player and just want to leave it out there as is and hope it sales.

Andre

yeah, at this point I use it only as a dac/amp with my dell tablet , I just can't stand that UI anymore, makes me sick 

May 26, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #389 of 447
still no sign of new firmware :frowning2:
I am afraid they are not going to release it, so thinking to forget that this is a dap and consider it only as an amp / dac and maybe I will pull the trigger for new Hidizs AP200 that is going to be released in June or maybe I will give a try to Pioneer XDP-100R as it costs now quite cheap and since last firmware update its output power limitation has been removed
cheers

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #390 of 447
oh man i just bought the ha-p90sd and is it ever annoying. just emailed them and ill wait for my reply. thanks for the email address. im actually in japan and looks like the teac office might not be too far away. i wonder what would happen if a guy just showed up there... but yeah, this thing is driving me insane. nothing shows up right. only some of my ripped sacds. the wavs arent showing up due to tagging issues i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back