TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
Feb 5, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #346 of 447
All,

Can someone explain to me why I keep getting this message on my P90 screen "Non-Supported Press Enter".   All my files are either MP3, Flac, or WMA and I've received this message on quite a few WMA files which this player is suppose to support.

Thanks for any help

Feb 10, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #347 of 447
All,

I had a phone conversation with Brian at Teac Support in reference to my P90 not playing WMA files and he's checking into that problem.   During our phone conversation we discussed the possibility of adding a "Folder View" to the OS.   Brian stated he was not an engineer and could not make the call concerning whether or not this feature could be added but he did state that if  I sent him request for the "Foldre View" he would forward it up to the engineers to get a determination on whether it can be done.

He also stated that the HA-P90SD is still a popular current product in the Teac line up.   He gave me his email address for owners who would like to see the "Folder View" feature added to send there request to.  I'm asking P90 owners to email Brian and then post on this forum so we can have an idea of how many forum members are sending an email.

Brian's email:  Bqualls@teac.com

Below is an example of the email I sent to Brian just in case your not in the mood to be creative, feel free to use it or create your own.   Let's stick to just asking for the Folder View and if they come through on this request then we can ask for other improvements.

"Teac Support,

As an owner of the Teac HA-P90SD I would like this email forwarded to your engineering department to determine if a "Folder View" can be add to the OS of the HA-P90SD DAP.   Folder View is a standard music file view format found on most players in today's DAP market and for such a high-end product as your HA-P90SD it's surely a must.
You've created a world class DAP so please take it to the next level by entertaining your customers needs and adding the a "Folder View".  You can reach me at Your Email@yahoo.com with any questions or comments concerning this request.

Thank you

John Doe"

Feb 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #348 of 447
@fraza44

that is a great idea
just wrote big email to the address provided by you

I hope all owners that are active on this forum will do the same so we could get most needed folder view function

cheers

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #349 of 447
@fraza44

that is a great idea
just wrote big email to the address provided by you

I hope all owners that are active on this forum will do the same so we could get most needed folder view function

cheers

I also hope the P90 owners will send an email.   I sent several PM to members who reportedly owned the P90 so we'll see.

Semper Fi

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #352 of 447
All,

Tonight I sent an email to the attention of Mr. Russ Long with EverythingAudio.net, Mr. Long is the gentlemen who wrote the review for the P90 and Everything Audio awarded the P90 their "Product of the Year 2015".   The review is also posted on the Teac site under the P90 product.

I'm hoping he'll join us owners in sending Teac Engineers an email to add "Folder View".   I can only ask and he can only say Yes or No or I'm Going to Sue You.

I plan to try and contact Brian via phone this coming week to see if he's actually forwarding the emails to the Engineering department.

Andre

Feb 15, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #353 of 447
  I see. So if the HA-P90SD is that good and better then Fiio X7 as mentioned before, it should definitely compare to Mojo!

I 've only listened to Mojo. Has anyone listened to both (Teac & Mojo) to tell us his impressions?

If just compare the DAC and AMP section, I think Mojo has a more dynamic and vivid sound than P90sd, however P90sd has a  more fatigue-free sound.

Sound quality wise,

I prefer using P90sd to drive IEMs like GR07x and

I prefer Mojo if I want to get more juice out of a high impedance full size headphones like T1II.

But I don't use them to drive any thing directly now,

they are now in my mini desktop system:

p90sd(spdif digital source) >> mojo(dac) >> spl phonitor mini(amp) >> T1 II(headphones).

cons:

p90sd: UI is too old, and the way it mange files is obsolete. really hard to use. You can manually  create playlist using TEAC HR player on your desktop(doesn't solve all problems, you will know). 

mojo: Hissing noise at the end of charging, doesn't affect sound in headphones though.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #354 of 447
All,

I had a phonecon with Brian over at Teac Operations Support today (2/16/2017) to see if he had made any headway with the P90 not playing all WMA files.   He stated he kicked the problem up to the Engineers so we'll see if Teac is going to stand behind this product or not.

On another note, I also discussed the request for "Folder View" and he stated he had received several emails from owners requesting this feature and had push those up to the engineers to see if this feature could be realized.  Thank you all who sent Brian an email, I wish we could get more owners to jump in.

I for one plan to keep on Teac until they one, fix my WMA play ability and two, give me an answer on the Folder View so I'll call Brian again next week and week after that and so on and so on until we get some kind of official answer.  This was a $600.00 player when it was initial released and still in their product line up and that's allot of coin for them to just say good enough and try to move on.  I understand the UI is suppose to be basic to improve the SQ but at least get the basic UI right, I mean come on this is the simplest UI I've scene and you screw it up.   Sorry Sorry, Serenity Now Serenity Now.

Andre 

Feb 17, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #355 of 447
  All,

I had a phonecon with Brian over at Teac Operations Support today (2/16/2017) to see if he had made any headway with the P90 not playing all WMA files.   He stated he kicked the problem up to the Engineers so we'll see if Teac is going to stand behind this product or not.

On another note, I also discussed the request for "Folder View" and he stated he had received several emails from owners requesting this feature and had push those up to the engineers to see if this feature could be realized.  Thank you all who sent Brian an email, I wish we could get more owners to jump in.

I for one plan to keep on Teac until they one, fix my WMA play ability and two, give me an answer on the Folder View so I'll call Brian again next week and week after that and so on and so on until we get some kind of official answer.  This was a $600.00 player when it was initial released and still in their product line up and that's allot of coin for them to just say good enough and try to move on.  I understand the UI is suppose to be basic to improve the SQ but at least get the basic UI right, I mean come on this is the simplest UI I've scene and you screw it up.   Sorry Sorry, Serenity Now Serenity Now.

Andre 

Hi Andre

thank you so much for doing this !

I love the sound signature of my teac , but I am afraid I am going to sell it if folder view will not be implemented in next updates 

cheers

Feb 18, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #356 of 447
by the way using it right now as an external dac/amp with my pc and it has such a great synergy with phantom sabre by trinity audio engineering  

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #357 of 447
ok today I decided to try a combination where no ac power is needed and units are not big so you could still call it a mobile setup, so I connected my Dell Venue 11 Pro 7140 via usb to Resonessence Concero HD and from there signal has been sent via rca to 3.5 cable to HA-p90SD 's input. Oh man, what an amazing result, could not believe my ears ! all my iems sounded exceptional and I said ok lets try hd650 and bang, it was like a buzzer beater , superb sound

I mean maybe i should sell all my desktop units? :)))))))))

cheers

p.s. the only con is that this setup is not a cheap one  

Feb 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #358 of 447
WOW!......I can't believe the run around I'm getting from Teac Operation Support about my P90 not playing WMA.  To date the tech has told me he loaded WMA files on his player and they played.   I explained to him that some WMA work on my player but the majority do not play.   I also stated if they thought this was a Tag issue then let me know the recommend program to use for tagging because I've already tried two Tagging software package and still now joy.

Now we"re at the point were Teac Operation Support is suggestion that I just convert the hundreds of WMA song I have to MP3.   I can't believe how bad customer support has gotten for allot of the things we buy in life.  This is there flag ship DAP which sold for $600.00 and they don't even want to provide support for it.   It's like they are blaming me for the player not playing WMAs.

I need help from any P90 owner and I'm begging, could any of you PLEASE test you player with multiple WMA and let me know if they all play.   I know Gugman already stated his doesn't play WMAs.   If your player doesn't play WMA could you please send an email to Brian at Teac Operations Support:  Bqualls@teac.com so they will not think I'm the only one having this problem.

Semper FI

Andre

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #359 of 447
All,

Disregard my previous post about sending Brian at Teac Operation Support an email about the P90 not playing WMA files.   I finally figured my problem out and it was a tagging issue.   Using a program call Tag&Rename, I was able to delete the Tag data from my WMA files and then manually create a new Tag verses pulling the Tag information from Amazon.   WMA files are now playing so if you are experiencing problems with any supported file not playing then try using a Tag program to delete the current Tag on the file and then recreate it manually and see if that fixes the problem.

On another not, I've been letting my P90 burn in night and day and with the LZ A4 IEMs, the player truly sounds sweet now, I wish I had another high end player like one of the upper end A&K's to compare this player to.   The sound is so delicious that I can live with the simple UI and few bugs.  My player now has over 150 hours.

Andre

Feb 27, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #360 of 447
All P90 Owners,

I had a phoncon with Brian at Teac Support today (2/27/2017) and he stated due to the all the emails he received from you guys/gals concerning the "Folder View" the engineers are going to look into the matter to see if there is something that can be corrected/modified to allow "Folder View".   He told me to keep an eye on the Teac download area to see if anything gets posted there since sometimes Teac Japan post new firmwares without notifying Teac America Operational Support.

I told Brian I would call him back in two weeks to see if any progress or new information had come from Teac Engineers Japan.  I will not give up on my P90 because it is truly a wonderful sounding player and the quality of the build is top shelf so we just need to push Teac to take the UI to the next level and we can all retire from DAP purchasing FOREVER :)

Andre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back