TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
Aug 30, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #406 of 447
Question to the experts: This device features what they call "4-step output attenuator". Does it mean that output impedance does vary?

On another site they meassured the Teac HA-p50 delivering up to 3.5V into 300Ohm. which is huge, but also meassured 35 Ohm output impedance, which makes it almost unuseable with IEMs. Anyone has a clue how much Z-Out P90 has?

Aug 30, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #407 of 447
Well, I’m not a number-person nor I haven’t really check the output number of the P90sd. But I’ve test it with a couple headphones, IEMs and earbuds that I have (XBA-Z5, IE800, Beyer Byron Wired, B&O H6, ATH-SR9, Shure SRH1540...) and all I can say the output is really clear, with almost no hiss and perfectly works with highly sensitive IEMs. (My XBA-Z5 and IE800 hiss like crazy on bad/high-impedent sources).
And yes, it can drive some headphones with higher impedence well (tested with SRH1540 and ATH SR9)!
So yeah it can be used with IEM allright.
Hope it helps :D

Apr 2, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #409 of 447
Hi All

In an earlier post a member said he had tested a Sandisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS1 200GB card with the Teac and it worked OK. I have 3 of these cards and the Teac doesn't like any of them (FAT32 formatted). One gives "initialize error" and 2 give "Invalid card".

The unit seems to be very fussy - several of my Sandisc 128GB are fine, but a couple of identical cards are "invalid".

Has anybody else experience of using 200GB cards? Is it worth my while investing in a brand which is known to work?

Edit - just noticed the above post re success with a Sandisk 400GB card.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #410 of 447
That blows. Best of luck to ya!

I love my P50 and want to give the P90 a go one of these days.

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #411 of 447
Hi All

In an earlier post a member said he had tested a Sandisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS1 200GB card with the Teac and it worked OK. I have 3 of these cards and the Teac doesn't like any of them (FAT32 formatted). One gives "initialize error" and 2 give "Invalid card".

The unit seems to be very fussy - several of my Sandisc 128GB are fine, but a couple of identical cards are "invalid".

Has anybody else experience of using 200GB cards? Is it worth my while investing in a brand which is known to work?

Edit - just noticed the above post re success with a Sandisk 400GB card.

I#ve this with no probs so far:

SanDisk Ultra 400GB microSDXC, 100 MB/Sek, Class 10, U1, A1

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #415 of 447
Way back (post 251) a member said his iPod Classic played through the Teac no problem, although the manual says lightning connected I devices only.

My 5th generation iPod Classic is not recognised but my 6th/7th gen Classic immediately connects as an iOS device no problem.

The bad news. - I hear about 1 second of music before play goes silent.

Very strange - have any of you guys had a similar problem? Cause/Solution?

Edit
My old iPad 2 also connects AND plays music through the Teac so old apple connection does work, but not with my iPod Classic ( despite connecting).

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #416 of 447
20190415_172006.jpg 20190415_172340.jpg

Just picked up a used Teac HA-P90SD very cheaply and it is the perfect companion for my Xduoo X10T II.
Which has USB OTG, so can read the sd card in the teac as well as Bluetooth bi-directional(APT-X) and Hiby Link.
So all the bases covered, Tidal, Spotify etc.
I have always enjoyed the Burr Brown dac having owned the full size dacs in the past.
The Teac also has loads of power to feed my RHA C1,s to the full.

Apr 15, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #417 of 447

Just picked up a used Teac HA-P90SD very cheaply and it is the perfect companion for my Xduoo X10T II.
Which has USB OTG, so can read the sd card in the teac as well as Bluetooth bi-directional(APT-X) and Hiby Link.
So all the bases covered, Tidal, Spotify etc.
I have always enjoyed the Burr Brown dac having owned the full size dacs in the past.
The Teac also has loads of power to feed my RHA C1,s to the full.

Similar experience here - I'm using a Cayin N3 as digital transport to Teac via USB and it sounds absolutely brilliant (I'm a fan of Burr Brown also (loved my Plenue 1).
Cayin UI is not the greatest, but its genius compared to the Teac's!

May 15, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #418 of 447
Dammit, I picked up a P90, but it will not connect to my tablet or smartphone. No issues with the P50 in that matter, but this P90 won't connect. I took a look inside and see the same USB chipset. The firmware is botched, isn't it? And now Teac has simply ditched this thing instead of making it as versatile and functional as a USB DAC/amp as the P50. At least it works with my computer, no sweat. Versus the XD-05 I just picked up, the P90 has a more revealing and nuanced sound, though the XD-05's soundstage sounds more impressive. P90 sounds a little more analogue and natural, I like it better. I wanted it for my mobile devices, though, not my PC. Dammit, guess I'm sticking to the Xduoo for now.

May 17, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #419 of 447
How did you connect P90 to your phone and tablet? My P90 works very well as an external DAC/Amp with Onkyo DP-X1, Xperia XZ1 and NW-A55.

May 18, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #420 of 447
With a micro-USB OTG cable. I tried both USB sockets on the P90.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back