TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
Aug 19, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #322 of 447
I sold B1 because I found that it had an unnatural cold sheen to the mids, which is weird because its a class A amp. Also the B1 has high output impedance and channel mismatch at low volumes due to its pot and gain setup. The P90 amp section is overall better in tonality, balance and finesse, but the B1 is obviously more powerful and zalso has a bigger sound stage.

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #323 of 447
I see. So if the HA-P90SD is that good and better then Fiio X7 as mentioned before, it should definitely compare to Mojo!

I 've only listened to Mojo. Has anyone listened to both (Teac & Mojo) to tell us his impressions?

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #324 of 447
Firmware update 1.3 has been out for a month and I didn't realise, p90 now finally supports 192khz flac, weird it took them this long as the cpu in the p90 is actually more powerful than most daps.

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #325 of 447
Did the most recent firmware update help improve battery life? I really love my HA-P50, tempted to try the P90, but concerned about battery life. 

Bestbuy.com has the P90 for $297

Dec 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #326 of 447
Did the most recent firmware update help improve battery life? I really love my HA-P50, tempted to try the P90, but concerned about battery life. 

Bestbuy.com has the P90 for $297

Battery life is still 6hr with 3600mah battery, and it has nothing to do with firmware. P90 has a high voltage and current circuit for optimal sound. Any audio players with long battery life are in some way compromising to get there. In saying that, there are still audio players with good battery life that sound great.

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #327 of 447
Having lived with this dap for a few years now and with them finally updating to include support for flac 192 and hapless playback on everything - I have to say it's still the best dap ive heard. I recently listened to the Astell & Kern AK380 and expected to be blown away, but I much prefer my HAP90 - the weight of the sound is far superior and much warmer without sacrificing detail. I'm yet to hear a better DAP. I'm glad, as it saves me a bit of money that I can spend on headphones instead. I listened to the LCD3 cans from Audeze with my P90 and it's the best (semi) portable rig I've heard - I'm hoping to try the LCD-XC next and try to lug them on the bus everyday for my daily commute! We'll see...

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #329 of 447
Just got my P90 yesterday. Upgraded to firmware 1.3 but can't play Apple lossless .m4a files. The manual says .m4a is playable. Has anyone been able to play .m4a files on this device? I have a feeling the manual and firmware are out of sync.

Regardless, this is the best sounding DAP i've tried.  The sound quality makes the quirks tolerable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back