TEAC HA-P90SD (To be released in Dec, 2014)
Sep 22, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #181 of 447
I can't believe people are still sceptical about capacitor burn in for daps... Even going way back to DX50 we all heard the changes before anyone had to tell us, we discovered them on our own. Then a burn in cable was even included with DX90 for easier burn in. Sony even gives message on ZX1 and ZX2 that capacitor burn in takes 100 hours. There has been side to side comparisons of unburned DX50/90 compared to burned in their respective threads.

Some daps I did not hear any changes with burn in, while with others I did, to different extents, some daps don't change with burn in, others do, depends on the design. I am not interested in persuading anyone who doesn't accept it by now.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #182 of 447
  Some daps I did not hear any changes with burn in, while with others I did, to different extents, some daps don't change with burn in, others do, depends on the design. I am not interested in persuading anyone who doesn't accept it by now.

maybe the cause of it is the result of mistakes during implementation process. because for example there are DX100s with different sound

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #183 of 447
You completely misunderstood. I did not mean the same model dap changing or not changing or with burn in. I meant completely different daps, depending on their design, can be affected or not by burn in. Example my F887 didn't change with burn in, but my ZX1 did.

Also the reason some DX100's sound different to each other is because ibasso unfortunately update the pcb as they go along with production, same with other Chinese dap makers:

Fiio X5 had 5 PCB revisions after release.
QLS QA360 had 5 PCB revisions after release and there has been comparison of two QA360's sounding different.
DX90 had at least 3 pcb revisions after release and Headfonia compared two DX90's that sounded different.
Aune B1 has had 2 PCB revisions that sound different.
Hum had 3 PCB revisions that sound different.
Ihifi 960 had 3 PCB revisions that sound different.
And many others...

This is unfortunately a problem with most Chinese dap makers, they don't seem to do enough development before release and end up tweaking the circuitry slightly as they go along with production. This is why I am personally never buying a Chinese dap again...

Big budget manufacturers like Teac and Sony don't do this, they finalize the design before releasing. That's why I'm only going to buy from big reputable brands from now on, I'm looking forward to the new Onkyo dap.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #185 of 447
Actually, muses is not warmer than the current opamp. It's almost equivalent. It just that current teac although has big soundstage, it tends to clump in the middle. I'm planning to uses muses 8832 to help overcome this, and it has bonus of more pronounced vocals and more balanced bass too.

But using 1612 is a good idea too. I might look into it thanks. Do you have another sugestion for mod bro? I'd appreciate any input I can get :D

Did You manage to change op amps? Any conclusion, especially on expanding soundstage?

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #187 of 447
^ You can use the 4 steps attenuator in all modes of use, it is a dac controlled digital volume setting which you can use in conjunction with the analog volume pot, resulting in best sq at any given volume.

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:50 AM Post #188 of 447
  ^ You can use the 4 steps attenuator in all modes of use, it is a dac controlled digital volume setting which you can use in conjunction with the analog volume pot, resulting in best sq at any given volume.

Thanks. When I read the manual, I don't know why I assumed the attenuator was under DAP.
Great news for me because I really like to have large volume path when using sensitive iems. I imagine it works well with sensitive iems? any kind of imbalance?

Sep 26, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #193 of 447
Use a windows pc and Format in Ex-Fat..... I have had the same problem with the same card 64GB.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back