TEAC HA-501 Headphone Amp
Sep 5, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #121 of 202
I own the Ha501 and an icon audio tube amp
The Ha501 is good with my fidelio X2, my akg k550 and my dt880, but my T1 benefits a lot of the tube amp
It gives more weight to the bass and fuller sound to the T1 and even to the k550 and dt880

From what I have read, a T90 would surely benefit of a tube amp,like the T1

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #122 of 202
I own the Ha501 and an icon audio tube amp
The Ha501 is good with my fidelio X2, my akg k550 and my dt880, but my T1 benefits a lot of the tube amp
It gives more weight to the bass and fuller sound to the T1 and even to the k550 and dt880

From what I have read, a T90 would surely benefit of a tube amp,like the T1

I'll have to agree on the Beyerdynamic cans. They usually pair better with tube amps as they tame their treble problems a bit.

Sep 5, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #123 of 202
The T70 has a stronger treble emphisis, but the T90s always sound realistic to me.

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #124 of 202
Anyone have NAD D1050? Thinking of pairing the 2 together, currently I have FAD Hope VI and ultrasone pro750. As for IEM I currently have mdr ex1000 and sennheiser ie800.

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #125 of 202
Has anyone tested the 2nd Gen Beyerdynamic T1 with the HA-501? Could the adjusted bass response provide the punch you've been looking for?

Nov 25, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #126 of 202
Hi-just trawling the posts that I can contribute to as a newbie. I have the headphone amp and CD player and think both are criminally under represented in the media and are incredibly musical, striking a good balance between analytical and fun. I also have the McIntosh headphone amp and the Oppo and whilst I haven't done any A/B tests, I find myself underwhelmed by the Oppo and I use the TEAC more than the Mac. The Mac is a "better" amp but so it should be and really the TEAC has no right being as close as it is to the Mac. It's a bargain actually. I use Oppo PM-1, Denon ahd7000, Fostex TH900 and Audeze LCD2 as main cans and they all work very well-the Fostex in particular-full range, not too U shaped in profile, clear and musical.
It really is a little wonder of an amp.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #127 of 202
Hi-just trawling the posts that I can contribute to as a newbie. I have the headphone amp and CD player and think both are criminally under represented in the media and are incredibly musical, striking a good balance between analytical and fun. I also have the McIntosh headphone amp and the Oppo and whilst I haven't done any A/B tests, I find myself underwhelmed by the Oppo and I use the TEAC more than the Mac. The Mac is a "better" amp but so it should be and really the TEAC has no right being as close as it is to the Mac. It's a bargain actually. I use Oppo PM-1, Denon ahd7000, Fostex TH900 and Audeze LCD2 as main cans and they all work very well-the Fostex in particular-full range, not too U shaped in profile, clear and musical.
It really is a little wonder of an amp.

Glad to hear the word continue getting out albeit slowly just how good and very importantly how FLEXIBLE this amp is. With more than a dozen assorted amps, several in the same price league the HA-501 is more often than not my go to amp pulling excellent performance from the majority of my various headphones (check my profile). My Woo WA3 OTL often is chosen for my Beyer T1 but the TEAC depending on the music does the T1 (one of my favorite listens) very well. The five position damping factor switch really allows you to fine tune the amp to the headphone you are using.

I first heard it at American Audiophile in Lynbrook, Long Island, N.Y., the local authorized dealer and an excellent shop. My decision was made that day and within a short time I got one from them and continue to be as happy with it now almost two years later as I was the first day. One of my fussy engineer friends got one on my recommendation and it has become his main amp to drive his self modified Sennheiser HD800, HiFiMan HE560 and Grado PS500.

Check it out, unless you want to spend a good bit more money I can't see you doing better sonically in my humble opinion.

Cheers.....:wink:

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #128 of 202
I have the TEAC and absolutely love it. It's become my real work horse and drives everything. The only thing it lacks compared to my much more expensive tube amp is it isn't as holographic or quite as textured. But that's compared to the Trafomatic Head One, which is a holographic and textural monster.

Mar 19, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #129 of 202
After months of waiting i finally got this amp to match my UD 501. Holy cow! It is really good. Paired with my X2, HE400i, and other iems, it just makes all of them sing. This amp is very much underrated. I have tried other amps twice the HA501's price but so far this one is clearly a winner. In my case, it completely complements its house mate- UD501. Aside from whats been mentioned by everybody, i believe some of the best characteristics of this amp is its left and right channel isolation, instrument separation, accurate soundstage, detail retrieval, smooth and non fatiguing. So far this is the best amp i have ever had.

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #130 of 202
After months of waiting i finally got this amp to match my UD 501. Holy cow! It is really good. Paired with my X2, HE400i, and other iems, it just makes all of them sing. This amp is very much underrated. I have tried other amps twice the HA501's price but so far this one is clearly a winner. In my case, it completely complements its house mate- UD501. Aside from whats been mentioned by everybody, i believe some of the best characteristics of this amp is its left and right channel isolation, instrument separation, accurate soundstage, detail retrieval, smooth and non fatiguing. So far this is the best amp i have ever had.

I agree, one of it's strongest attributes is it's spatial presentation left to right, front to back and vertically. Add an HD800 which is already very three dimensional and the results are out of head special. That said it is still my main go to amp for most of my non electrostatic phones. I enjoy mixing and matching my amps and phones but it is certainly not a neccesity with the HA-501 in the stable.

:):)

Mar 20, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #131 of 202
F....g good with my Fidelio X2 and my new Beyer Dt1770 ! Very clean, a little bit less midrange than my Icon audio hp8 mkii
The Teac felt a bit short with my hungry T1, but great with many others

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #133 of 202
I've been saying for a few years now it's an amazing amp and very unnoticed and underrated.  Feed it a balanced signal, and it only gets better.

Mar 20, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #134 of 202
F....g good with my Fidelio X2 and my new Beyer Dt1770 ! Very clean, a little bit less midrange than my Icon audio hp8 mkii
The Teac felt a bit short with my hungry T1, but great with many others

I find I do need to get the volume control a bit higher for the T1 but never ran short even with very demanding dynamic recordings. I hope you are only finding that issue on very few recordings as the T1 sounds quite good on the TEAC in my opinion.

Enjoy...:xf_eek:

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #135 of 202
Actually it's not that you can't reach enough volume - it's more about dynamics, better midrange, fuller sound and much more reserve of power
Did you already try a tube amp with the T1 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back