Tea-Fi?
Nov 29, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #692 of 750
Kind of a weird question - does anyone have any suggestions for good Chinese/Japanese tea shops in DC (besides ching ching CHA), Den Hague/Amsterdam, or Bruxelles?

Trying to do a little holiday travel planning.

Dec 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #693 of 750
A little Hojicha for the evening:

Dec 7, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #694 of 750
A little Hojicha for the evening:

Very nice, though I would never put tea on top of my amps, they are well ventilated and that would end in disaster.

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #695 of 750
  Very nice, though I would never put tea on top of my amps, they are well ventilated and that would end in disaster.

It is pretty risky, but I don't think it's a complete off-limits thing unless he's wasted.

Might as well use the Class A inefficiency on something

Dec 8, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #696 of 750
It is pretty risky, but I don't think it's a complete off-limits thing unless he's wasted.

What you really need is one of those 500 Watt class A Atma Sphere moboblocks. Put a sheet of metal over the tube and you've got yourself a grill.

Dec 8, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #697 of 750
What you really need is one of those 500 Watt class A Atma Sphere moboblocks. Put a sheet of metal over the tube and you've got yourself a grill.

I don't doubt that for a second.

I'd like to see Schiit design a mid-tier class AB solid state amp around the price of the Lyr

Dec 8, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #698 of 750
It's all good. The WA3 keeps the pot warm and I can listen to tunes and surf the web comfortably. It's just a WA3, it would survive a teanami....and if it did not, everything inside is easily replaceable. Other than the case, it's mostly my internals. The stack to the left is all DIY as well...KSA5 clone and balanced dynalo. Im working on a balanced Dynahi for the pile....it will keep the tea warmer. :)

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #699 of 750
It's all good. The WA3 keeps the pot warm and I can listen to tunes and surf the web comfortably. It's just a WA3, it would survive a teanami....and if it did not, everything inside is easily replaceable. Other than the case, it's mostly my internals. The stack to the left is all DIY as well...KSA5 clone and balanced dynalo. Im working on a balanced Dynahi for the pile....it will keep the tea warmer. :)

Funny because I own a W3 and i had that exact tea pot for a while. That tea pot is made with glass about a thin as a Christmas tree bulb. Lol.

The worst thing would be being shocked by touching it and not noticing a small leak.

Pictures like this always get reactions here. I posted a W3 next to a jacuzzi bath and the thread came unglued.:christmas_tree:

Jan 4, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #700 of 750
I just got my first yixing pot.

Now, do I need to season it somehow, or can I not obsess and just start using it.

And yes, I realize there is a certain amount of irony involved in asking the head-fi community about avoiding obsessive behaviour.

Jan 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #701 of 750

Now, do I need to season it somehow, or can I not obsess and just start using it.

And yes, I realize there is a certain amount of irony involved in asking the head-fi community about avoiding obsessive behaviour.

Hopefully this helps! http://www.wikihow.com/Season-a-Yixing-Teapot

Jan 4, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #702 of 750

Congrats!

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #704 of 750
Thanks for the seasoning link. (I think I will let mine bathe in my pasta pot for a week .... um maybe not :wink: .)

I picked it up at Teavivre. I don't know anything about Chinese dark teas (not really a huge fan), nor good places to shop - but thought I'd pick a few up to try out and saw this little guy there too. Now, trying to decide what his tea will be... Iron Goddess, Anxi Monkey King, or Da Hong Pao.

I also grabbed some Jasmine Bi Luo Chun, a bunch of pu-erhs to sample, and my favourite black Yan Xun Zheng Shan Xiao Zhong - but they aren't for the froggy.

Congrats!

Cheers mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back