Tea-Fi?
Feb 25, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #406 of 750
Quote:
Quote:
Trying out the gaiwan now using Dragon Well and tap water (deal with it). So far it is terrible at pouring, water everywhere. No wonder they have those tray things

brb, ice pack for hands

It took a little practice for me to hold the lid just right and to pour with a sharper angle than you think you would need so the tea exits out of the small slot you create in a smooth stream.  But I still had some minor burns using it.  

I seek to have warm water for my delicate greens & whites. But, in the event I do suffer minor burns ( or major!), I've got
tongue_smile.gif
 24 Aloe Vera Plants inside the living room.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #407 of 750

Got this on the same day as the gaiwan but haven't opened it up yet. $6 seemed like a deal.

Mar 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #408 of 750
Do you guys like using teapots opposed to a single serving cup? 

sometimes I just wish I had a giant cup to drink my tea in lol 

I don't have room on my desk for the teapot and cup :frowning2: 

Mar 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #409 of 750
Quote:
Do you guys like using teapots opposed to a single serving cup? 

sometimes I just wish I had a giant cup to drink my tea in lol 

I don't have room on my desk for the teapot and cup :frowning2: 

Here you go http://www.amazon.com/FORLIFE-Brew-Mug-Extra-Fine-Infuser/dp/B001JPA3Y8/ref=pd_sim_k_22

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #415 of 750
Nice little set up there, Pudu.  Beginning to want more clear tea glassware so I can better see the color of the tea I brew, other than looking at the top of my white ceramic cups.  

Mar 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #416 of 750
Quote:
and only burns my fingers ... um never.
wink.gif

What you did there, I see it.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #417 of 750
Quote:
Nice little set up there, Pudu.  Beginning to want more clear tea glassware so I can better see the color of the tea I brew, other than looking at the top of my white ceramic cups.  

This is a fascinating thing to see. At work, not wanting to risk my Gaiwans to accidents, I'd use a clear Bodum tea cup in clear acrylic with a removable wire basket. Although, I'd seen the different teas steep a thousand times, I'd still watch each time with fascination...it's beautiful! I'd drink Green tea one day, S. African Red Bush (Rooibos) the next and so on...

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #418 of 750
Glassware is really nice but it never seems to hold heat well

Mar 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #420 of 750
In Ohio during the winter and a poorly insulated room, it's pretty easy to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back