Tea-Fi?
Feb 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #391 of 750

It's a keemun night

>inb4 "hey bro, your pot and cup doesn't match"

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #393 of 750
Quote:
HEY BRO YOUR POT AND CUP DON'T MATCH 420alldayerdaybroheim

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #394 of 750
Got the Butiki Teas! The Pearls are SO good.

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #395 of 750
Quote:

It's a keemun night

>inb4 "hey bro, your pot and cup doesn't match"

I don't use matching cup and pot either.  Just a small and cheap white with blue flowers ceramic cup I bought in SF Chinatown with a dark brown/tan colored pot.  

I also can't drink tea in the evenings, unfortunately.  The caffeine keeps me up and leads to a restless night.  Usually stop drinking tea around 2 pm in the afternoon or so.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #399 of 750
Quote:

I don't use matching cup and pot either.  Just a small and cheap white with blue flowers ceramic cup I bought in SF Chinatown with a dark brown/tan colored pot.  

I also can't drink tea in the evenings, unfortunately.  The caffeine keeps me up and leads to a restless night.  Usually stop drinking tea around 2 pm in the afternoon or so.

Sensible, the caffeine is surprisingly strong despite the comparison to coffee. Also this brown betty is neither real nor quality in any sort. When pouring it dribbles more than a Boxer in the summer

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #400 of 750
Feb 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #401 of 750
Trying out the gaiwan now using Dragon Well and tap water (deal with it). So far it is terrible at pouring, water everywhere. No wonder they have those tray things

brb, ice pack for hands

Feb 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #402 of 750
Quote:
Trying out the gaiwan now using Dragon Well and tap water (deal with it). So far it is terrible at pouring, water everywhere. No wonder they have those tray things

brb, ice pack for hands

dt880smile.png
 I'm sure your first pour deserves a break! How 'bout a lil' practice?

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #403 of 750
Considering I drink alone and occasionally with 2 children under the age of 10 (not alcohol ***) and the tea ceremony is not appealing at all, there really isn't any reason to waste time on it. Especially with this beauty

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #405 of 750
Quote:

brb, ice pack for hands

It took a little practice for me to hold the lid just right and to pour with a sharper angle than you think you would need so the tea exits out of the small slot you create in a smooth stream.  But I still had some minor burns using it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back