TDK IE800 or TDK BA200
May 31, 2013 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

hi-fi amateur

100+ Head-Fier
Between those two IEM's, which do you guys believe better compliments the GR07 MK2 better? I already asked ClieOS this very same question and he chose the IE800, would you guys agree. I am just looking for a second opinion as I am very picky lol.

May 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 8
I have both the GR07 Mk2 and the BA200, and have listened to the IE800 before going for the BA200.

They're all a bit similar to the point where it's arguable if  they'll compliment the GR07. But I'd go for the BA200 as it's dual BAs are noticeably faster and resolving for quick music like metal than the dynamic drivers in the GR07 and IE800 - who have more bass and are both slightly treble forward than the BA200. On the other hand, I feel the IE800 is less neutral and more colored than the BA200 and the Gr07 Mk2- so there's that too.

In what way do you wish to complement the GR07 Mk2, though? The BA200 is my current favourite IEM by a long way- but if you want something that truly complements the GR07, especially if you want more bass, sub-bass and oompf in the low-end for electronic music, or want to hear the the basslines in rock music more clearly, you should look into the XBA-30.

May 31, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 8
I have both the GR07 Mk2 and the BA200, and have listened to the IE800 before going for the BA200.

They're all a bit similar to the point where it's arguable if  they'll compliment the GR07. But I'd go for the BA200 as it's dual BAs are noticeably faster and resolving for quick music like metal than the dynamic drivers in the GR07 and IE800 - who have more bass and are both slightly treble forward than the BA200. On the other hand, I feel the IE800 is less neutral and more colored than the BA200 and the Gr07 Mk2- so there's that too.

In what way do you wish to complement the GR07 Mk2, though? The BA200 is my current favourite IEM by a long way- but if you want something that truly complements the GR07, especially if you want more bass, sub-bass and oompf in the low-end for electronic music, or want to hear the the basslines in rock music more clearly, you should look into the XBA-30.

I don't have the most refined ears so I couldn't tell you what the GR07 lacks, I just know they sound amazing. But I suppose I want something with a slightly different sound signature.

Jan 17, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #7 of 8

IE-800 has more bass than BA-200? Because the second one doesn't have much bass.

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 8

IE-800 has more bass than BA-200? Because the second one doesn't have much bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back