TDK BA200 Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #1,156 of 1,509
And I also warn you guys the shells comes off very easily. Too easy in fact. And if you don't have delicate hands it might be a mission to put it back together again.

I accidentally took it apart at a McDonald's resturant while waiting for someone. Heck it took me 15mintues to put it back together again.

Sep 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #1,158 of 1,509
Anyone know how to replace the pink cylinder under the filters. I am not sure what those things are called but one of them has some "stuff" inside and I'm afraid it will degrade the sound over time.

Sep 5, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #1,159 of 1,509
And I also warn you guys the shells comes off very easily. Too easy in fact. And if you don't have delicate hands it might be a mission to put it back together again.

I accidentally took it apart at a McDonald's resturant while waiting for someone. Heck it took me 15mintues to put it back together again.

They're really easy to put back together (and really easy to disassemble too, yes).

-Plug the BAs to the nozzle (there's a spot that's protruded just for cupping them in the silicone stuff that holds the BAs together)
-Align the ] shaped cable end onto the shell.
-Put the upper side of the shell back on and press down.
-Pull the ring back onto the shells.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,160 of 1,509
I searched the thread and didn't see anything conclusive so I'll ask:

Has anyone tried to recable their BAs? I'm thinking that maybe a silver cable would improve treble rolloff? Also, not a huge ribbon cable fan.

Let me know!

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #1,161 of 1,509
Has anyone tried to recable their BAs? I'm thinking that maybe a silver cable would improve treble rolloff? Also, not a huge ribbon cable fan.

I'm thinking of reshelling them and experiment with different cables. But to recable should be easy. As I said the shell just pops right off and all the connections are right under and easy to work with

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #1,162 of 1,509
I'm thinking of reshelling them and experiment with different cables. But to recable should be easy. As I said the shell just pops right off and all the connections are right under and easy to work with

I've never messed with recabling IEMs. That's something I'd like to look into. Do you have any ideas on where you'd start as far as what kind of cable you'd pick up?

Sep 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,163 of 1,509

I've never messed with recabling IEMs. That's something I'd like to look into. Do you have any ideas on where you'd start as far as what kind of cable you'd pick up?

I've made some headphone extensions before but have not recabled an iem yet. But I'm guessing all you need is a soldering gun, and a bit of common sense. 

As for cable, it depends on how far you would go. I have a cronus beat cable but no way I would solder that to my ba200s. Toxic cables are pretty good but you can find/experiment with cheaper alternatives like the ones you find on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10FT-OCC-Pure-Silver-Plate-Teflon-cable-for-earphone-headphones-Up-grade-cable-/230993573944
1 meter cable for $20 I mean hey what could go wrong.

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #1,164 of 1,509
  I searched the thread and didn't see anything conclusive so I'll ask:

Let me know!

Not selling them anymore?
(yeah that was me on ebay lol)

The BA200 should be fairly easy to recable as you don't have to go directly to the BA themselves. There's a bit of exposed wiring you can start off from.

You should check out the DIY IEM thread in the DIY section of the forums. There's a big one and they deal with soldering BAs all the time. From what I saw there, it's pretty easy to mess up hence looking to buy a spare pair for hopefully less.

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #1,165 of 1,509
  Not selling them anymore?
(yeah that was me on ebay lol)

The BA200 should be fairly easy to recable as you don't have to go directly to the BA themselves. There's a bit of exposed wiring you can start off from.

You should check out the DIY IEM thread in the DIY section of the forums. There's a big one and they deal with soldering BAs all the time. From what I saw there, it's pretty easy to mess up hence looking to buy a spare pair for hopefully less.

I heard that there were some components (beats me what they are, could be an active circuit, could just be a few Rs) in the bulky Y split, so if you recable them you'll lose those.
I'm still waiting on some cheapo extensions from DX since my original extension blew out so I've been using my GR06s..

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #1,166 of 1,509
  I heard that there were some components (beats me what they are, could be an active circuit, could just be a few Rs) in the bulky Y split, so if you recable them you'll lose those.
I'm still waiting on some cheapo extensions from DX since my original extension blew out so I've been using my GR06s..

Right... totally forgot about those.
Good call!

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #1,168 of 1,509

I heard that there were some components (beats me what they are, could be an active circuit, could just be a few Rs) in the bulky Y split, so if you recable them you'll lose those. I'm still waiting on some cheapo extensions from DX since my original extension blew out so I've been using my GR06s..

Yes and no. There is an impedance compensation circuit in the Y-split, and in fact the "crossover" is also located in the Y-split as well, but if people are willing to forgo the impedance correction circuit, the crossover is relatively simple. Simply attach at 2.2 uF ceramic capacitor in series to the tweeter and leave the rest of the wiring as is.

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #1,169 of 1,509
Just wanted to get a comment in here.

I use the TDK- IE800, not too different from the BA200.

Put them on after a few days, plugged them into my Clip Zip, and the experience is sublime. The soundstage is amazing, the clarity is amazing, instrument separation is amazing. 

Perfectly balanced, in perfect harmony.

I'm glad I made the decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back